Chapter 9

DREW

I opened my eyes but my vision is covered with nothing but golden color, I tried to move but something heavy is on top of me. I closed my eyes, opened it again and focused my gaze in front of me until I saw the sapphire eyes I have come to love. I stared at her and she stared back.

‘What the hell is she doing in my room?’ then I remembered last night. ‘Right, but how the hell did she end up on top of me?’

I smirked, “still half-asleep?” she blushed then shook her head.

 “Sorry” she mumbled standing up groggily; she looked around with a confused expression then it hit her like a bullet train; she wasn’t alone. And so a frown marred her beautiful face.

“Why are you in my room?” she asked me, I gave her an amused look.

“You’re in my room” I stated causing her to frown deeper

“Why am I in your room?”

I chuckled, “what do you think?” I asked, she stood akimbo glaring at me.

Oh God, not that pose again.

Not to mention she’s wearing only my t-shirt, my eyes drifted to her toned legs that seemed to never end, I got out from my trance when I heard a gasp. I looked back up to discover she was hugging herself.

“You didn’t!” she accused me, I laughed loudly.

“You wish” she continued to glare daggers at me. 'Oh, if only looks could kill'

“I was gone for a moment and you took that chance to drown all the liquor they had last night, what happened to first and last cup?” her lips turned into a thin line, which is not a good sign I'm telling you.

“A moment?! You call an hour for a moment?” she shouted but groaned and massaged her temples. I gave her a dry look and went to the bathroom did my routine and went out.

“Here” I handed her a new toothbrush and a wash cloth. “If you don’t mind wearing boxers there are few unused ones on the bottom drawer” I told her but she was still giving me an accusing glare.

“We’ll talk about this later” I told her walking out the room “Come downstairs when you’re decent” I finished and went downstairs.

“Good morning” Jane greeted, she’s our house helper. She usually comes early in the morning and leaves after she’s finished doing whatever what Jane does.

“Leaving?”

“Yes, I was going to, after I put those in your room” she nodded to the folded clothes on the sofa.

“Oh, I’ll put them to my room myself”

“Ok, I’ll go then”

“Did you see the note I placed on the fridge?” she replied with a nod and left

I went to the sofa and picked up the clothes, I nodded my agreement when they smelt fresh. Then I remembered my shoes, I gazed at my shoes and immediately checked if it was fine. I sighed in relief when I saw it looked good as new, Emma will never stop with her guilt trip if I ruined these. Once I made sure everything was fine, I went to the kitchen and was met with the aroma of blueberry, I scrunched up my face. I am not a fan of blueberries. Why do I treat Aubrey so special anyway?

'She's just some girl' I thought to myself

'Don't you fucking dare say that,' another voice shouted inside my head.

I rolled my eyes. 'See what she's done to me? I'm going crazy' 

“Smells good” Jace chirped walking behind me. I turned around to see he was dressed to kill.