Chapter 9b

AUBREY

“We’re here”  Drew went out of the car and as usual he opened the door for me but this time he held his hand and I took it with mine, with eyebrows raised of course. We went inside the shop and I literally salivated just with the smell.

“How did you find this place?” he answered me with his annoying arrogant smirk but I let it slide because I was too busy looking around. So the shop is small but not cramped and the ambiance is very friendly but do you know what’s missing? People, no other customers are here other than us.

“Where are the other customers?”

“Do I look like the shop owner?” he answered me with a question, I shook my head but I knew he’s got to do something about it.

“Why are we here?” 

 “Goodness, if you had a dime every time you ask a question I bet you’d be a billionaire by now. Will you, for a second, stop asking questions?”

“You never answered one” I argued earning an agitated sigh from him, that was my clue that he gave up, my guess was confirmed when he spoke, “let’s just say we are celebrating”

“For what?”

“For an A plus?” I think that sentence ended with a question mark because he didn’t sound too sure; oh, I forgot we got an A plus on our research paper. Yeah I guess it’s worth celebrating since it does affect out grade big time. I was going to say something which I forgot because the waiter placed blueberry muffins and tea on our table. I would have asked a million and one more question but I decided I could do that later because those muffins were literally asking me to eat them, and so, I did, with a smile.

 “They have blueberry cupcakes with frostings too” Drew spoke after I finished my second muffin.

“I’d gladly take one” he laughed but didn’t say a word, few seconds later and my cupcake is here.

 I was half-way eating it when I noticed Drew scrunching up his face.

“Why are you doing that?”

“You eat it like it’s so good” he even managed to look disgusted

“It is!” I shouted raising the cupcake

He shook his head, “just look at that frosting, it’s probably too sweet and nast-“ I will never let him say such awful lie

“Hey, how dare you judge her when you haven’t even tasted” I exclaimed earning an inquiring eyebrow

“Her?”

I smiled mischievously, “yes, because she’s an angel” that answer got me a loud laugh giving me ample chance to take a bite on my cupcake and shove the rest to his mouth. He munched on it while glaring at me, this time I was the one who laughed loudly.

DREW

So it wasn’t really sweet like I expected it to be, actually it’s pretty good but I won’t say that out loud. I couldn’t hide my smile even though I’m glaring because she’s more striking when she laughs and it really did sound like music to my ear. ‘aaaaand you’re starting to get sappy’

After a couple more cupcakes and an hour of conversation I decided it was time to go, “let’s go?” I offered my hand to her and she took it. We got out and into my parked car, by the time we where a few blocks away from the shop, she suddenly grabbed my hand asking me to stop.

 “Jesus! That was dangerous, do you have some kind of death wish or something?" she was not even listening, "what is it?” I asked but she didn’t answer, instead she got out of the car. I groaned while rolling my head in defeat.