Chapter 4

AUBREY

I had to wake up extra early this morning to catch the bus, unfortunately my car needed a repair which I have no idea why or what was the cause. I would’ve complained more but I was interrupted by a loud honking outside, so obviously I went outside and checked whoever or whatever that is.

I groaned in frustration, I know that car.

“You ready?” I raised my eyebrow, “What?” I asked 

He rolled his eyes, “Are you always that slow? That’s the only word I’ve been hearing from you.”

“I wouldn’t ask you if you weren’t so confusing!” I shouted and was honestly surprised to get a smile from him in return, that stupid smile again.

“I’m picking you up. I would assume that’s pretty palpable” He stated but I didn’t bother moving from where I’m standing.

“You know, you should feel privileged that I’m picking you up…” he said trailing off, I raised my eyebrow but got immediately pissed off when I noticed where he was looking, his eyes were fixed on my legs.

“Hey! Up here!” I shouted.

“Come on in already, or we’d be late” he said casually like nothing happened. I hesitated for a second but I really don’t want to ride the bus so I just went with it.

I proceeded to the back seat and he grunted.

“Oh so you’re going to make me your driver now huh?”

“Sit here” he ordered patting the passenger’s seat.

I ignored his patronizing tone “I will if you stop staring” he laughed loudly.

“I’m good at multi-tasking but that doesn’t mean I would risk being in a traffic accident even if staring at you would be worth it, but no, so no need to worry. Now come on, I don’t like being late” I blushed, I had to mentally slap myself for paying attention to the most irrelevant things he says.

“Hey, eyes on the road! I thought you said you wouldn’t risk being in an accident?” I complained.

“I forgot that I’m a risk taker” I rolled my eyes, I hate it when he stares at me. The way he stares at me makes me nervous, like he's trying to figure out something. That’s good right? At least you don’t feel uncomfortable compared to the others.

Oh shut up!

You shut up! Darn it! When did I start having arguments with myself?

“So you have news about John?” my question caused an unpleasant expression from Drew

“You like him that much?” I shook my head and decided to just shut up and so did he. I feel so stupid for bringing John up; I knew he didn’t like his brother very much. I’m curious with what could be the reason though. We reached school without any more words spoken.

“Thank you for picking me up” I said and was about to open the door when he spoke.

“What’s it like to be his girlfriend?” I creased my brows confused

“Who- Wha? NO, JOHN WAS NEVER MY BOYFRIEND!” I did not mean to shout

“He was never your boyfriend” he said more as a statement than a question.

“Yes, he never was” I answered even though I knew he wasn’t asking.

“Can I ask you out then?” I stared at him dumbfounded. Is this guy serious?

“Wha- what?” He smirked, “Don’t worry, I didn’t say now”.

I rushed out of his car feeling my face burn up again. Argh! Why does he always do that? And what’s wrong with me blushing like a little girl with everything he says.