Chapter 36

AN: This chapter is dedicated to all of you who have been supporting me from the very beginning.

AUBREY

Like everything in this world has an end, our Thanksgiving break also has reached its end. Wow, that actually sounded deep and meaningful.

"What did you do?" Abby asked me through a whisper. She was asking about Drew because she's emitting a scary aura right now and she's more stoic than normal. So today's our first day back from our break and supposedly today is the day of the start of the slavery of the guys and Drew but it's lunch and we, Abby in particular has been ranting all morning because we, again Abby in particular couldn't do or say anything to start Drew's servitude.

"I didn't do anything, I mean Thanksgiving was great, they loved her and she was pleased with them. We didn't have any fights or misunderstandings or anything of that sort. She didn't pick me up today though. She asked her driver to drive me here" I explained in another train of whispers. I was pulled out from the conversation when Drew stood up and left like we're all ghosts here and she couldn't see us.

Abby obviously was tired of it and wanted to say something, "Drew-"

"Uh hey Abby, you like this right?" Jace chipped in nervously while literally shoving food in Abby's mouth, sighing in relief when Drew was completely gone.

"What was that for?" Abby practically growled.

"I just saved your life" Jace answered going back to his food.

"What do you mean?" I asked him

"She's not in a good place right now, get it?" he answered with a question, I furrowed my brows and shook my head.

"Remember our first day?" he whispered making my eyes widen.

"What's going on?" Abby stated confused, I just shook my head.

"What happened?" I asked Jace

"I have no idea" he replied, I nodded and stood up planning on following Drew. I stared at my wrist watch to see that we have at least half an hour before afternoon classes starts, there's only two places she could be; either at the gym or the football team's locker room. I went to the gym first, and luckily I found her there playing basketball alone. I just watched her for a few minutes not knowing what to do next because the last time I had to deal with pissed at the whole world Drew was months ago and I didn't really deal with her per se; I slapped her and cussed at her.

It's funny how long ago that felt. I was pulled out of my reverie when I saw the ball roll over to me. I picked it up and threw it at Drew, "I uh... was. ..looking for you" I stammered. Why is she so freaking scary? She didn't say anything but take my hand with hers and ushered me out the gym, we walked silently, aimlessly. Obviously she doesn't plan on speaking any time soon, and I can't figure out what to say to break the deafening silence.

We continued to walk until an eighth grader stopped in front of us. I figured that out because of the color of the insignia on her vest.

"Uhm. Ha..Hi" the girl greeted bowing slightly, I smiled.

"Hello" I greeted back cheerfully, I unconsciously nudged Drew to say something forgetting the fact that she isn't the usual person that I could just terrorize, when I realized that, I stiffened and just stood there waiting for something, whatever that is, I have no idea.

"H..ho- how was your thanksgiving?" she asked Drew, I raised an eyebrow, look what we have here, a very cute admirer. Ok I'm supposed to feel something negative but I actually find this girl really cute and adorable, she's so shy and all, I mean I can't see her face because she had her head bowed but I can see how her ears turned tomato red, I can only imagine how hard it is to walk up to Drew and talk to her. Drew didn't say anything though, I kind of expected that, I would have said something to her but I just can't find the courage to do so, I'm not used to this side of her.