Chapter 24

DREW

“Abby’s here” Jace announced waltzing inside the gym, I scowled remembering how much I reprimand him about just coming in here when I’m using it, “you are telling me this, why?”

“She happens to be looking for you’” he quipped, I rolled my eyes and got out of the gym, “Yes?” I asked Abby sitting in front of her while crossing my arms.

“Uhm, can you stay still for a second?” she requested taking a picture using her phone, “we already had a dispute earlier because of you taking photos” I stated quirking an eyebrow

“Sorry instincts” she defended

“So?” I asked getting impatient, “tomorrow’s rent a senior day” she stated like those words explained everything, “I heard you, now go home. Jace drop her off” I said standing up, “wait. I came here to ask you if I could rent you out” she explained in a rush, I stared at her with eyebrow raised and sat back down.

“I wish to inform you that I am turning the offer down” I responded dismissing her, “here” she said placing an envelope on the table.

I took it with eyebrow raised, opened it and took out what was inside; I placed it back clearing my throat. I returned my gaze at Abby finding her smirking at me.

“What kind of best friend does this?” I asked her in disbelief, my voice sounding surprisingly calm even after what I saw.

“What? You don’t like it or you want more?” she offered, I gaped at her.

“Are you seriously bribing me with naked photos?” I asked skeptically,

“Of Aubrey’s” she boasted, I shook my head, “Oh please Drew, you don’t have to act like-“

I cut her off, “you should know better to offer me with edited photos, that obviously is not Aubrey’s body” I remarked dryly,

“Holy crap, how did you even know that?” she didn’t leave any room for response when she squealed again,

“Oh my god, you two had sex already” she accused pointing a finger at me,

“No, we haven’t. I’ve seen Aubrey wearing only a swim suit and that is enough for me to know that you’re bribing me with edited photos, now if only you’ve given me real ones, it would’ve worked”

“Real naked photos of Aubrey? No way, I’m not that evil, besides how can you even request for something like that, are you some type of a devil’s spawn?” and just like that she turned the table on me, it didn’t work though,

“Says the person who went out her way to edit her best friend’s photos to use it for bribing” I stated with a smug look, she sighed, “fine” she replied “I was hoping I didn’t have to do this” she continued taking an album from her bag, “What is that?” I asked in bewilderment, this woman does not plan on trying to use a real photo this time, does she?

“A photo album” she said looking at me like I was dumb “open it” she demanded

“I will not defy Aubrey by looking at her naked photos!” I shouted at her

“Yeah yeah, those are not naked photos” she said rolling her eyes at me. I stared at her suspiciously before picking up the album. I opened it and instantly, a smile adorned my face; it was full of young Aubrey’s picture.

“I don’t have baby pictures of her but I hope those will do” she stated bored.

“You’re willing to give this just so I would agree to your stupid scheme?”