Chapter 20

DREW

"Stop, stop stop!" Aubrey yelled deafening me. It was now around nine twenty which is why I planned on taking her home.

"What?" I asked her

"Let's go there" she said pointing through the window, I took a glance and noticed it was some type of festivity consisting mostly with exotic shows.

"No" I replied shortly and again she used her last skill, yes the puppy dog eyes.

"Pweety, pwease?" she coed giving me the famed adorable puppy look.

"I'm in a flashy tux Bree, and you're wearing a dress and you want to go in there? There are fire dancers for crying out loud" she crossed her arms while pouting.

"Ugh, alright!" I said driving on the opposite direction.

"You said alright and you're going to the opposite direction?" she quizzed almost yelling.

"Good god! Will you stop yelling already?" a frown marred her perfect face, "we're going to the mall" I stated causing her to frown more if that was even possible.

"I said I want to go to that festival, not the mall" she griped like a kid, I sighed in defeat, "I was just thinking maybe we could buy a change of clothing so we don't go in there looking like an idiot with a suit and a dress" I explained preventing myself from shouting.

"We don't have time for that, what if when we get back everyone's gone?"

"Really Aubrey? Are you purposely acting recalcitrant just to beleaguer me? It says in that damn placard that it will end by two in the morning!" I motioned to her left where the placard was parked, "oh, ok" she said resting her back on the seat like nothing happened.

"God this woman and I just said I love her, how am I even dating a girl like her?" I mumbled.

"I think I heard something" she quipped

"Nothing, you heard nothing"

"Mhmm" she muttered back.

---

I decided to call Aubrey's Dad while I waited for her to get changed in the fitting room. "I'm calling up to inform you that your daughter used the puppy dog eyes so I would agree to go watch exotic shows" I rushed in one breath

"Yes, everyone falls for that look, don't we all?" he asked me chuckling.

"So now I can't get her home at ten" I informed him

"I understand, just bring her back in one piece" I grinned glad that he couldn't see me, "you trust me an awful lot" I remarked earning a boisterous laugh from him.

"I do, so make sure you don't lose it" he said in a serious tone.

"I won't"

"I'll take your word, but I won't take much of your time now, have fun" he said ending the call.

Aubrey finally came out with a denim jacket, white top and black skinny jeans.