Chapter 29

AUBREY

“Morning” Eve and Jace greeted me just as I entered the kitchen, did I tell you I stayed over? No? Now you know.

“Morning” I replied smiling “so-“ I was cut off when I saw Liz, oh yeah she wanted me to call her Liz.

“Where are you going?” Eve asked her mom when she noticed she was dressed to kill.

“I said I’d be gone for a week but I can’t stay here” Liz replied with a sad voice.

“Why?”

“Drew’s fever has gone down, I’m sure when she wakes up she wouldn’t want to see me here” she replied almost in a whisper.

“No you can’t go” Eve pleaded.

“Eve we both know why Drew wanted me here, her fever was high and she was not her normal self. If she wakes up and finds out that I’m here, I-… I don’t know if my heart can take it when my own daughter kicks me out of her house” Her mom replied trying her best not to cry.

“I know.. I know.. It’s just.. we owe Drew so much. You have to stay, it’s the least thing we could do. I won’t say I know exactly what you feel but mom, stay.. if enduring the pain is the only thing that would make her forgive you, you have to go through it. You’ve been hurt enough, I know that. But you have to be strong, for Drew.” Eve pleaded. Her mom sighed, wiped a lone tear and joined us.

“Thanks Ma” Eve mumbled hugging her mom.

“Now that I remember the three of you are students, and today’s Monday” she said giving us the mom look.

“I’ll return to school after Halloween” Eve explained, Liz turned her attention at Jace and I.

“Ah well.. we decided to go to school with Drew once she recovers, right Aubrey?” Jace said passing the attention to me, I gulped and nodded.

“I’ll let you two stay today but tomorrow even if Drew’s still not fully recovered you two will go to school” she told us and we nodded.

“Come on you three, I need your help” she stated ascending the stairs.

“Drew must’ve sweat so much last night and since her temperature is not completely gone, sponge bath would be a good idea” Liz explained after we entered Drew’s room, thank god she was asleep.

After we prepared everything for Drew’s sponge bath, Liz spoke after removing Drew’s shirt, “Wow, when did she have these?” Eve immediately jumped on the bed and ran her hand on Drew’s stomach.

“These are the kinds of times when I can’t help but follow the sweet ring of the word ‘incest’” Eve sighed dreamily.

“Evelyn Victoria Goodwin! I do not find that funny!” Her mom exclaimed but Eve was still in dreamland.

“I am not trying to be funny, mom. Do you not feel it too?” Eve replied still out of reality rubbing her cheek on Drew’s stomach.

“Where have I gone wrong in raising you?” Her mom replied defeated. I just stood there frozen; I turned my attention to Jace who had his palm on his face while shaking his head.

“Ok, ok. We are supposed to sponge bath Drew, remember?” I said rushing to the bed and pushing Eve’s face away from Drew’s stomach since both Jace and Liz doesn’t seem to find the need to do so, or am I the only one who takes offense when someone touches Drew?

‘I haven’t even done that yet! I am so going to do more than that when Drew’s fully recovered. No I’m not jealous! I swear, I’m not!! I am telling you, I am not. Ok, maybe a little, just a little’