Chapter 22

DREW

"Drew, you do know that today is 'wear your pajamas to school day', don't you?" Abby asked me just as I entered the cafeteria.

"Yes, I am very much aware of that. Anyway where is Aubrey, she didn't attend any of her morning classes today" I said getting worried.

"Then why are you not wearing your pajama?" Abby asked me not answering my question about Aubrey.

"I am wearing my pajama" I snapped, she creased her eyebrows.

"You're wearing a suit, Drew" she stated

"For your information this is not the typical suit, this is a suitjama." she raised her eyebrow, "so you sleep with it" she asked again

"No, I go shopping with it!" I quipped, "of course I sleep with it, it's a pajama"

"Are you even comfortable with that?" she kept asking.

"Yes! I am very much comfortable with it, it is made of eighty percent silk and twenty percent cotton, now answer me, where is Aubrey?" I asked her getting annoyed.

"I don't know, why are you asking me?" she asked back and it honestly took every ounce of self-control in my body not to wring her neck.

"Oh hey, why don't you check her by the lounge, I remember her mentioning going there this morning" she informed, I immediately rushed to 'the lounge' as I quoted that crazy woman.

"Aubrey?" I called out as I entered the cheer squad's lounge, I got no response so I looked around for a while and decided I would've found her already if she was here, I was about to throw a serious fit when my phone rung, "she isn't here, you cret-"

"Save your insult, but right now Aubrey needs you-" I cut Abby off, "what do you-"

"No time to explain, get the hell out of there and head to her address, don't go inside their house but go across from theirs, there's some type of party there so you would know which house, just go" Abby ordered, I didn't even wait for another second running out of there to my car.

When I reached Aubrey's neighborhood, I parked my car on their drive way and walked across to the house where I was hearing loud noises. I looked around and frowned, there were a lot of people, probably around two dozens and I recognize none of them, some of them were lounging around the yard but most are at the pool shouting something that was not even close to English. Who the fuck gets drunk in the middle of the day?

I snapped my head back to the direction of the pool when I heard a familiar shriek followed by laughter, I broke into a run and saw Aubrey in the pool wearing a black pajama with pink polka dots.