Chapter 6: Lies Lies Lies

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"Psht, only like this much." I pinched my fingers together. 

He rolled his eyes at me, "Are you mad at me?" I pouted.

"You're supposed to be at home." 

"And you were supposed to be at a dinner, but hey look at us! Now we're at the same party, kinda like we are soulmates, huh?" I looked around to the people around Chase and saw that I had all their attention. 

A pale girl looked me up and down, then gave me a tight smile. Maybe she was being rude, or maybe she was being nice but I couldn't tell because of all the alcohol I had consumed. I removed myself from Chase and introduced myself to her, "Hi! I'm Ava, you kinda look like Barbie!"

"It's Cartia, but Barbie works too." she said smirking. 

I turned to look at the four guys and hugged each of them as tight as I could, "Hello! I'm Ava Kendrick."

Chase grabbed me by the waist before I could get to the last blonde haired boy. "Ava, who the hell did you come with?"

I pouted, "Stop yelling at me."

"Who did you come with, why are you alone?" He gritted.

I turned around to look for Mateo and Arabella, but only saw one of them walking towards me. "There!"

"For fucks sake." Chase muttered. 

Mateo stood next to me and I introduced him to everyone. "Hello new friends meet Mateo my other friend Arabella is MIA at the moment. They're super sweet and they're models, and now we are all best friends."

Cartia cut my rambling off, "Chase, when do you want to head out?"

The sudden tipsiness I was feeling wore off upon hearing her words, "Head out?" I asked slightly angry.

Chase looked at me then Cartia, "I'm uh-"

"He's my ride." Cartia cut us off once again. The nerve of this girl was unreal. She gave me the up-down and I suddenly felt insecure in my tube top upon seeing her perfect body in her tight jeans.

"You're joking?" I asked, my face dropping.

Chase grabbed me, "C'mon I'll take you home, her sorority is close to campus."

I jerked myself away from him, "I think I'm okay." 

I could feel the eyes of the people nearby watching us, and I was beginning to feel bad for the little scene I was causing. However, this was something I wasn't going to pretend to be okay with. His football friends looked at me smug and were laughing amongst themselves, probably because their "boy" had been called out. 

Chase reached for me again, but I took a step back. I was hurt at the sneaky lie. Was he even at the dinner? Why did he hide his friend from me? I was beyond angry. "Ava, please." Chase pleaded with me.

"Mateo's taking me home." I said pulling on Mateo's arm, walking away from Chase and his friends. I felt bad because I used Mateo to make Chase mad, but I couldn't help it. I was embarrassed at the fact she said that out loud. I felt like an idiot. Seeing Chase's hurt expression killed me, I knew he deserved it. A small part of me felt like I shouldn't have said anything. 

I didn't bother to turn back and I leaded us towards the back patio, where it was quieter. I was silent. "Can I have my arm back?" Mateo joked. 

I let a small laugh, realizing while I was in my head, I had his arm held hostage. "Sorry."

"It's fine, I should be asking if you're okay though." Mateo said. I looked at him confused, he was asking if I was okay? I basically used him.

"I'd be lying if I said yes. I just- I don't know what's going on with him. He's never been like this before. Oh, and don't even get me started on Cartia, or whatever her name is."