chapter 20 > the girls' dinner night

"So, are we ready to go?" Jihyo asked the girls.

They were standing together in front of the first school building. "I wish we could eat in a restaurant outside our school. I kinda miss the food there." Momo said sulkily. They nodded in agreement. Then Nayeon said, "I know right? But luckily, our cafeteria serves similar food out there!"

"How do you know it's no different?" Momo asked again.

"I saw pictures posted by some students in the school blog. It really looks delicious!" Nayeon exclaimed. "I heard there are new menus tonight. Everybody is going there to try it out." Sana mentioned.

Jihyo looked at everyone. "Then what are we waiting for? Let's go try it out!"

The girls headed to the cafeteria and saw that many students are there already. Thankfully there are few seats left for them. After ordering some food for them to feast and waited nearly half an hour for all the food to arrive, they started eating while catching up with each other.

"I miss hanging out together with you guys like this. It's been so long since we go out and have a girls' night out." Tzuyu said. "Yeah, since we all have been busy about school work and stuffs.." Mina added.

Dahyun nodded and said, "Even on recess we don't have much to talk about because of the time limit."

"How about we have a sleepover together this weekend? We could spend times together like before." Jeongyeon suggested, grabbing the girls' attention. "Great idea! We could also catch up on the latest gossip going around this school." Jihyo said with a smile.

Momo looked at her with food stuffed in her mouth and said after she swallowed it down. "Which one? There are a lot of things I heard about, you know."

"Aren't we all?" Tzuyu asked. Jeongyeon then said, "Of course. We just don't have the perfect time to talk about it." Jihyo nodded. The group leader then said, "But this is the hottest one I've heard." She started to whisper. The girls went closer to their leader for the hot tea. "I heard that in our school, a male teacher is dating one of the teachers. But most of the students don't know who he's dating yet."

"REALLY?!" Momo shouted suddenly, causing all eyes in the cafeteria on them. The girls shushed her for that. Momo covered her mouth and whispered, "Already? It's too early, don't you girls think?" Jihyo shook her head at her. "I think they've liked each other for so long." She said.

"Who is this male teacher you're talking about, Jihyo?" Jeongyeon asked.

"I don't know yet." Jihyo answered. Then Dahyun spoke, "You will not believe what me and Chae saw several days ago." Chaeyoung looked at her in confusion. "You meant them?" She asked and Dahyun nodded.

Sana looked at the two younger, interested to listen about their story. "What is it? Tell us."

And the girls then continued to gossip until late night. Most of the students had already left the cafeteria by the time. Only a few groups left there, including TWICE and another male group.

"..so yeah, that's what happened. And I-" Nayeon paused suddenly. "Nayeon? Why did you stop?" Sana asked.

Momo waved her hand in front of her. "Go on, finish your story, unnie." Tzuyu said this time. Nayeon's gaze moved back to her members and she said, "I just saw BTS looking at our table a moment ago."

"The boys? Where are they?" Chaeyoung asked, feeling excited suddenly. Nayeon slowly pointed at the table far back from them. "Don't make it obvious, but they're sitting over there." Most of the girls turned their heads at the same time. Jeongyeon face palmed at her members' stupid action.