chapter 8 > big crush

cross-read & checked 3 May 2020

Rose put down her tray in front of Mina. It was recess time and they decided to sit together, just the two of them. Mina had asked her members' permission, which they gladly allowed her to eat with Rose instead. Her eyes wandered from tables to tables in the cafeteria and stopped to a table with three girls sitting there. Two of them were looking at her table with Rose. Mina looked at them, who stared menacingly.

"Mina, what are you looking at?" Rose raised her eyebrow and followed her gaze. She met with her other members' eyes.

"Ah, don't pay attention to them." She simply said and continued eating.

"Are you sure..? Because I'm kinda so worried right now." Mina asked.

"I'll deal with them later." Rose smiled sweetly at her.

She continued eating, as well as Mina. While eating, Rose's eyes roamed around the cafeteria and landed at the entrance room, where she sees her biggest crush in the whole world. Park Jimin.

The beautiful, the handsome prince charming, the freakin' Park Jimin. Everyday during her idol days, she would daydream about him when she had the time to. She would always think about him and watch videos of him performing or his vlive or him doing literally anything to make her day.

She saw Jimin with his hyung, Suga, if she remember that name correctly. Of course its true. Rose have been a really huge ARMY since birth! Okay that was too far- since she started being a trainee.

"Rose?"

"W-What? WHAT!" Rose startled when Mina called her that she shouted loudly and stood up all of the sudden. All the students stopped eating and looked up to stare at Rose. Even Jeongyeon and Namjoon who were yet in another 'staring' contest paused to look at Rose.

Rose blushed a bright red in embarrassment and sat down hurriedly. "I-I mean.. yes, Mina?"

Mina giggled while covering her mouth. "You're so funny. I was about to ask you something."

"What?"

"You were staring.. at something or someone. Why?" Mina asked, confused.

Rose scratched her head and laughed nervously. "E-Eh.? Really? Sorry.. My bad."

She continued finishing her meals while Mina laughed at her. "Is it a boy?" She teased. After seeing Rose's blush, Mina smirked widely at her. "It is! Who?" Rose looked around nervously, surprised at the qurstion.

"I bet that he's so handsome that you literally stared at him." Mina giggled and Rose opened her mouth to talk but cut her off.

"Don't worry, Rose." Mina started to stand up, pointing her finger upwards with a smile.

"I will do anything, anything to help you! Just tell me whats the problem, and I'll solve it in no time." She put her fist on her chest in a salute manner at Rose.

"You can count on me!"

Nayeon and her members stared weirdly at Mina from across the cafeteria. "What is up with her..?" She said. Momo shook her head. "I don't know either. What do you think, Jeongyeon?" She turned her head to her unnie, who moved her gaze to her hurriedly.

"What are you talking about?" She asked.

"What were you doing? Didn't you see what Mina was doing?"

Jeongyeon glanced at Mina who stood up to leave after she's finished eating. "She seems normal to me."

"Momo, she was busy staring at her new boyfriend over there." Jihyo explained and Jeongyeon looked at her in confuse.

"Who's my boyfriend?"

Jihyo pointed at the man near their table. "Kim Namjoon." Jeongyeon glanced at him and frowned. "He's not my boyfriend and I wasn't staring. Just by looking at his face disgust me." Jeongyeon huffed loudly.

"Really? But you were clearly staring at him, Jeongyeon unnie." Tzuyu stated matter of factly.

"That was an accident. I will not do it again next time. Because I hate him." Jeongyeon told them. "Its a fact I made up today." With that, she stood up and began to leave with Dahyun for their next class.

"Okay then. Lets go to our next class. See you girls later." Jihyo stood up and went with Chaeyoung and Sana, while Momo with Tzuyu and Nayeon alone.

"I knew it'll be like this someday. Well, its just me then." Nayeon sighed and exited the cafeteria and walked to her class.

She checked her watch, she has about 15 minutes left for next period, so she decided to go to her locker to put something. After that, Nayeon continued walking down the hall not in a hurry to kill the time. Her eyes wandered then something caught her eyes.

"Oh? Is that Yoongi?"

Nayeon went closer to the figure who is casually hanging out standing by the locker door alone. "It's you." Nayeon said, grabbing Yoongi's attention, who look at her and raised both his eyebrows.

"What?"

Nayeon smiled and adjusted her bag on her left shoulder while watching him closely. He din't smile back. Huh?

"You're not supposed to be here." She said, ignoring the fact that he's not smiling. Maybe he's in a bad mood. But he didn't smile too when he helped in the ballroom before.. And awfully quiet too. She did try to start a conversation with him before when they were decorating the ballroom before but he made no effort to make the conversation longer.

"Why do you care?" He asked shortly, gazing down at her. Nayeon shifted her position uncomfortably, still holding his gaze. "What do you have now?"

"Music." He answered, finally removing his eyes on her and looking at the deserted hallways.

"Oh, me too! Come on, let's go together." Nayeon smiled again, beginning to move her legs but Yoongi made no move to walk with her. "I'm not going." Nayeon stopped and turned at him. "What?"

"I'm heading to my room."

"Why?"

Yoongi snickered, "It's pointless anyway. These classes we need to attend.." Nayeon nodded slowly at him. "Then what are you going to do?"

"Sleep. For now." He answered.

Nayeon frowned at him for a moment and said, "I have nothing else to do.." She looked down at her feet in silent. Yoongi then shifted his legs and began to head the opposite of where Nayeon was heading.

"Not my problem."

Nayeon turned her head at him and rushed to follow him. "What are you doing?"

"Following you." Nayeon answered.

Yoongi look at her in disbelief. "You can't just follow a man to his room." He shook his head at her weirdly and surprised. Is she serious?

Nayeon grinned at him and shook her head. "I'm not going to your room." Yoongi raised his eyebrows at her, waiting for her answer. "Then why are you following me?"

"I don't want you to go to your room. Let's skip this class together." Nayeon wiggled her eyebrows with a sneaky grin. "We could go hide- or do something else-"

"And why do you think I should go with you?" Yoongi asked.

Nayeon rolled her eyes. Can't he just say yes and agree?

"What are you two doing here?" The two stopped and look at the tall old woman infront of them. "Shouldn't you two be in class?"

Nayeon gulped, so as Yoongi, and stuttered, "U-uh.. We were on our way to class, miss."

"The class is that way." She pointed behind them with her pointy nails. "And where you two are heading, is the exit." She said firmly, with a warning."

The two nodded at her slowly and bowed. "We're sorry, miss. Excuse us." Yoongi said and they both turned around. He casted a glare at her and muttered, "Thank you for that, Im Nayeon."

Nayeon huffed and they got into their class on time.