Manipulate & Stipulate - 6 ~ Oliver Queen

(if you're re-reading this bc you got a notification all i did was edit some parts that bugged me and re-write the ending)

i've reread this series like 4 times now waiting for the next part and then i realized that it's my fic and i have to finish it lmfao

warning: you kill a kid here. a bad kid. but a kid. & this is kinda angsty but like imma try to turn it around during the next couple of parts & there's some making out at the end

this is stupid long. i was gonna cut it in half but i didn't know where to stop.

~

Your eyelids flutter open as Oliver gently shakes you awake and through your sleepy haze you can see the deep frown etched into his face and your faces softens.

"You lost?" You ask your voice slightly raspy from tiredness and Oliver offers you a small smile.

"Slade got away again but it doesn't matter," despite the revelation he gives you you can still see the pain written across his face.

"You lost more than just Slade didn't you?" You ask and he nods grimly.

"I didn't lose you," he smiles dryly his hand still resting on your shoulder.

Olivers team was already on a rocky standing with him and him taking care of you last night instead of helping them take down Slade must've been the final straw. He was trying to make you feel better but you could see that his eyes were rimmed with red and he looked uncharacteristically distraught.

"I'm sorry," You say gently reaching up to cup his face in your hand.

This was never your intention. You were a bit of an asshole with a blatant disregard for anything but yourself but you never wanted to hurt Oliver.

"I'm not," He shakes his head.

You squint up at him trying to get a better read but instead he gently runs his knuckles over your cheek and you can't help but smile softly at him.

"How does this work?" You ask wondering how and why he would choose you over his friends, "You and me?"

He inhales deeply still stroke your face gently with the rough pad of his thumb, "I don't know. But we're going to figure it out. Not now though," he leans down and places a gentle kiss on your forehead, "right now you need to rest."

He moves to stand but you quickly catch his hand in yours, "Don't leave," you breath out your words barely above a whisper and he falters slightly before pulling himself completely out of your grip.

"Sleep, Y/N. I just wanted you to know I was back."

You watch as he leaves hesitating at the door before walking out and closing the bedroom door gently behind himself. You almost relax, almost turn over and go to sleep like Oliver asked but then you hear the piercing sound of an arrow. Then another. You strain moving as fast as your injured body will let you, but you know it's not fast enough.

~

Oliver gasps as an arrow embeds itself into his shoulder, barely even processing what had happened before the attacker fires another one through his other shoulder. Not even thinking twice about he reaches for an abandoned bottle of red wine and swings it at the attacker just as he jumps down from one of the beams in Olivers apartment. The glass shatters across the masked assassins face and Oliver uses the jagged edges if the bottle to strike out at the assassin but the assassin is too quick and shoves Oliver back so hard that he hits the ground letting out a sickening groan when the arrows in his back snap at the impact.