Jail Bird, Jail Bird ~ Oliver Queen

Late Season 6/Early Season 7 Spoilers

~

You pulled on your fingers anxiously as the man in front of you removed his belt and put it in a bucket along with his phone and keys before walking through the metal detectors. The light flashed green indicating that he was good to go and it was your turn. You drop your phone and keys into the bucket and walk through, immediately tensing when the detector flashed red and emitted a loud beep.

"Ma'am step to the side," the guard instructs as he pulls a metal detecting wand off of his belt loop.

You comply with his instructions silently cursing Felicity for coaxing you into visiting Oliver when it was the last thing you wanted to do. It came as a shock to not only you but the entire team when Oliver turned himself in in order to save all of your asses.

You understood completely why he did it. He was protecting you, he was protecting his team. But it didn't stop you from feeling anger when after working your ass off to save the damn city they still took him away in handcuffs in front of the world.

You were pissed at the city, you were pissed at the FBI, you were pissed at Oliver and with him gone and rotting away behind bars, you and the team get butchered on the daily it just made you so angry and the only person who you could point the finger at was Oliver. He could've talked to the team about it, if not the team then you. His girlfriend, the supposed love of his life and instead he left you alone and he left his son without a father.

The guard runs the wand along your body and instructs you to spread your arms and legs, without causing him any trouble you step your legs apart and straighten your arms in the air. The machine is quiet as it sweeps over your arms and torso but it goes berserk once it reaches your legs.

"What's in your pants?" The guard asks wearily as he places his on his gun.

You shrug.

The guard tentatively bends down to pull up your pants leg but it stopped by a loud voice coming in over the intercom.

Felicity.

You laugh slightly as you glance up at one of the nearby cameras.

"Let her through."

The guard glares at you and hesitantly steps to the side allowing you to walk through the final checkpoint where another guard guides you to the visiting room. You take a seat at the furthest booth from the entrance and you can't help it as your leg bounces up and down and your fingers drum against the countertop anxiously.

You don't even recognise him when he walks in, his face is littered with fresh cuts and bruises and you instantly tears well up in your eyes. You can faintly hear the chains around his wrist jingle when the guard pulls out a key loop and unlocks them. When the cuffs slide off his wrist you barely blink and he's seated in front of you picking up the black phone and gestures for you to do the same, and you do so hesitantly.

"Hey," he breathes out with the worlds biggest smile on his face, "I didn't think you'd want to see me."

"I don't."

At that Oliver is taken aback and his eyebrows are furrowed in confusion, "What?"

"Jesus, Oliver," You sigh surprised that he is seriously playing the victim right now, "You left William without a father. What do you think happened when I went home that night without you?"

Oliver is silent but you can see the tears running down his battered face.

"He asked me where you were and I had to tell him that his daddy wasn't coming back for a very long time, and if that wasn't bad enough I had to make him pack up his stuff and leave all of his friends behind," Tears well up in your eyes as you dredge up the memory of William sobbing in your arms after finding out about his dad.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry but it was the only way to keep the two of you safe," Oliver shudders swiping the tears from under his bruised eyes.

"Safe, Ollie? We would've been safe with you by our side but instead, we're moving from safe house to safe house just so that Diaz won't find us, and he will Ollie. You know he will."

"Y/N-"

"You left me, Oliver. I've done nothing but stand by your side through every fucking thing you've gotten thrown at you and this is what you do to me? I'm alone now, Oliver. I've been living my life for you for so long that I don't know what to with myself now that you're not here," You choke back a sob as you tentatively press your hand against the glass barrier between you and him.

Without missing a beat he presses his hand against where yours lies on the glass and you want nothing more than to be wrapped up in his arms.

"Two minutes, Queen!" You hear the guard yell from his position in the corner and your heart cracks a little in your chest at the thought of having to leave him again.

"Here," You reach down into your sneaker and pull out the small metal arrow sculpture that you and William made, "William and I made this for you- well William made it, I was just the adult supervision he needed we both know art is not my forte."

You slide the sculpture through one of the speaking holes in the glass when the guard wasn't looking and watch as Oliver turns the arrow over in his hand laughing solemnly at the cheesy pun that William inscribed along the bar of the arrow.

"I love you so much," His voices cracks as he speaks, "There's so much I want to tell you, so much that I have to apologise but for right now all I can say is sorry."

"I love you to-" You're cut off by the guard roughly snatching the phone from Oliver and slamming it back onto the hook, and you force yourself to look away while the guard wrenches Oliver's hands behind his back and forces the handcuffs onto them

But you're with a glimmer of hope when you see Oliver's fist tighten around the arrow you'd given him.

~

DM me if you don't care about getting spoilers for the future of Bad Things xD I need someone to rant to.

SOTC:

What would you have done if Oliver left, went to prison and left you with his son?

I don't know. I feel like that would be inconsiderate for him to leave his kid as someone else's responsibility when he could've stayed himself, but at the same time, I understand why.