Let it Snow... ~ Oliver Queen

Full title: "Let it Snow or Whatever Elsa Said"

elpis-spring

~

"Jeez this year went by so fast," Dinah groans as she passes the spiked eggnog around the table.

"I know right? It feels like just yesterday we were fighting Chase and it's been a whole year since then," Felicity comments and you do your best not to roll your eyes as you put the finishing touches on the macaroni and cheese.

You turn off the oven and put the mac b cheese back in just to let it simmer in the remaining heat before pulling off the gloves and heading into the dining room where your friends sat drinking a variety of alcoholic beverages.

You sidle over to Oliver and slide onto his lap placing a loving kiss on his cheek. He smiles softly and reciprocates by wrapping his arm around your waist.

"Do you guys think it'll snow on christmas this year?" Felicity asks looking around the room at the relatively large group of friends.

"Ugh, I hope not, the last time we had snow I fell seven times on the way to my car," Dinah grimaces and the rest of you laugh.

"I've actually never seen the snow. The last time it snowed here I was in Central City visiting Barry," You say gently taking Oliver's drink out of his hand and taking a sip from it.

The room freezes dramatically after the words leave your lips.

"You- You've never seen the snow?!" Felicity squeaks jumping up from her chair.

"...No?"

"Alright that's it get in the car," Felicity orders before pulling out her phone to search up something.

You aren't going to move but Oliver slides you off of his lap and pushes you out the door towards John's SUV.

"To see snow!" Felicity smiles, buckling her seatbelt as Oliver piles in the car behind you.

"How are you going to-" she pulls out a little device and it takes you minute to realise what it is and by the time that minute is up it's too late.

Felicity clicks the button in the middle and a blue portal appears in front of the car. Before anyone can object she hits the gas and speeds into the portal taking you all into the middle of a brilliant white field.

"You crazy son of a bitch," you gasp as you shift your body to gaze out at the field as the snow still falls you press your hand up against the glass marvelling at the cold you feel on your finger tips.

"Where'd you get Cisco's portal thing?" Oliver asks watching you watch the snow with a smile on his face.

"Cisco," Felicity deadpans.

"Can I touch it?" You whisper, partially to yourself and partially to anyone who's listening.

"I mean duh. But you have to get out of the car, babe," Oliver cracks and you would throw something at him if you weren't so intrigued by the snow.

You were born and raised in Miami, Florida so things like heavy rain, extreme heat and even alligators don't faze you but you've never seen anything like this. Y g"Jesus Christ! It's cold out there!"

Oliver and Felicity lock eyes for a moment before looking back at you. 

"Y/N, babe... it's snow..." Felicity sighs out and you roll your eyes.

"I know! I know. I just didn't expect it to be cold." You sigh wishing that before Felicity practically kidnapped you she reminded you to wear a jacket.

You hesitate for a moment before pushing car door open and stepping cautiously into the snow. You smile softly as the snow crunches beneath your feet. Felicity and Oliver get out of the car behind you but you hardly pay attention as you drop to your knees and pack some of the snow into a tight snowball that you lunge at Oliver's back expecting it to splatter against him back like it always does in the movies. Instead it clonks him on the side of the head remaining solid as it bounces off his head and back to the ground. His head turns slowly toward you and you hold back a laugh as he runs towards you.

"Oh shit," You laugh turning around and running as fast as you could through the deep snow but struggling to gain traction. You turn you head slighting, looking over your shoulder and you squeal and run faster when you see that Oliver is right on your heels. You barely make it another two steps before Oliver tackles you onto the snow pinning you beneath hips while you laugh and squirm in a vain attempt to escape his monstrous attack of tickles.

Eventually, Oliver stops tickling you and collapses on the snow next you the two of you both ignoring the freezing snow seeping into your clothes and interlocking your fingers. After a while of silence Oliver turns his head to face you and you do the same.

"You know you're not supposed to pack the snow that tight right?" Oliver laughs lazily and you nudge him a grin of your own eating at your face.

"Shut up," You grab a handful of snow from the ground with your free hand and drop it on his face, scrambling to your feet to run away before he registers what happens.

"Y/N!" He roars playfully as he jumps to his feet and races towards you as you run back to the car.

You let out a loud giggle pumping your legs as hard as you can and basically diving into the car and closing the door behind you. Oliver makes it to the car right after you but you've already locked the door so you stick your tongue out at him playfully. You're about to tease Oliver some more when you spot Oliver on his knees delicately putting together a large group of snowballs. 

"Who's that for? I locked the door, babe. You're never getting in here-" Your eyes widen as you hear the door unlock and you glance at Felicity who looks at you through the rearview mirror and shrugs.

You're about to yell at Felicity about being a traitor but Oliver pulls the door open and bombards you with his army of snowballs. You quickly curl yourself into a ball as he continues his assault. 

~

"I hate the snow," you pout curling yourself tighter against Oliver's chest just as another wave of shivers hits your body.

It'd been hours since your trip to wherever the hell Felicity took you and you were still freezing cold.

"You'll be fine," Oliver laughs as he pulls you closer to him and you let out a satisfied sigh as the warmth on his chest radiates onto you. 

"Guess the snow wasn't all it was cut up to be, huh Y/N?" John jokes causing the rest of the team to laugh too.

"Not at all."

~

I wrote this on my laptop without my glasses on so like I could see enough to type but not enough to know if I was tyingp the write thinf. let jut hope autocorrect did its job on this one lmfao.