Back off ~ Oliver Queen

Requested: (thanks for being my first request 💞) Reader is dating *Oliver and the Arrow team goes to central city for a case. Barry and the reader are bestfriends and Barry doesn't know that the reader is dating Oliver so he flirts with her in front of Oliver and Oliver gets Mad and picks up the reader and leaves.

morganzor-el

~

Once Barry had sent you a text with the word alien in it you were already packing your bags to head to Central City. You forwarded Barry's text to the rest of Team Arrow and told them to meet you and Oliver at STAR labs. Of course, Barry could speed you and everyone else to Central City, but much like John, his running kind of freaked you out.

You and Barry had been best friends since before his super speed, so it was natural for him to text you occasionally with Central City problems or even sometimes he would run to your job just to sharpen a pencil but it made you smile every time. 

Recently you had begun dating Oliver, but the two of you mutually decided to keep it a secret from everyone else, no one knew. Not your best friend, Barry. Not the team. No one. Except the two of you.

"Here, babe." You handed Oliver your duffel bags and grabbed the keys while he loaded the trunk of the car.

Shortly after you slid into the drivers seat, Oliver closed the trunk and got into the passenger seat reaching over the middle console to grab your free hand.

~

The long drive to Central City felt short because while you drive you and Oliver talked a lot about whatever and it made the drive fly by. And as if no time had passed at all you were parking your car in front of STAR labs, with Felicity, John and Laurel pulling in behind you.

You and Oliver quickly let go of each other's hand in fear of someone seeing and walked around to get your suits and weapons from the boot of the car. But when you blinked and opened your eyes they were gone, a gust of wind and trail of lightning brushing past.

"Really, Barry?!" You yell towards his retreating figure which was in STAR labs and in another blink of the eye he was skidding to a stop right in front of you.

"Yeah. You guys were taking too long so I thought I'd speed up the process a bit." He smiled, opening his arms for a hug. "I missed you, Y/L/N."

"I missed you too, Allen." You pulled back from your hug.

Oliver cleared his throats from beside you and Barry turned to look at him with the same dopey grin as he opened up his arms to bro hug Oliver who just walked past him.

"Where is our stuff?" Oliver called out over his shoulder as he walked with his arms crossed over his chest.

"Inside." Barry shook his head but linked his arm with yours and dragged you inside by your arm.

~

You and your team were briefed on the Alien visitors Team Flash was calling The Dominators, which - if you were being honest - sounded extremely dramatic and made you giggle every time you heard it.

Right now, a few hours after your arrival everyone had decided to go out to eat at a nearby restaurant, the waiter had to combine a bunch of tables to fit your large group of nine.

You were wedged between Barry and Oliver, your hand clasped in Oliver's under the table. Everyone at the table was engaged in a conversation that you were barely listening to instead you were staring at your food, focusing intensely on Olivers hand.

"Y/N?" You looked up at whoever had called you and locked eyes with Oliver.

"Hmm?"

"After this let's hit a bar, yeah?" He proposed his eyes searching your face intently.

"Su-"

"Yeah, good idea!" Barry cut you off with yet another grin on his face."The three of us could go to a bar!"

You had to press your hand over your lips to suppress a laugh as you watched Oliver huff in annoyance. 

~

About an hour after dinner, as promised you all stopped by a bar. Oliver had gone to the bathroom and you and Barry sat on the matching bar stools, you with a beer and Barry with a glass of Caitlyn's special alcohol.

You were lost in thoughts when Barry's hand on your thigh shook you out. Your eyes flickered between his face and his hand, your eyes narrowed down slightly.

"What do you want?" You laughed knowing he was probably buttering you up to ask you something.

"Nothing, I just wanted to tell you that you look beautiful."

You narrowed your eyes even more, leaning forward in your chair so your foreheads were touching. "Are you flirting with me?"

"Maybe?" You threw back your head in laughter as his face flushed red, completely unaware that Oliver was watching the encounter.

All he saw was Barry's hand on your thigh, both of your foreheads touching and then you laughing at whatever Barry said. He could feel himself getting angry so he decided to stay where he was. 

"Awh, hun you're too precious!" You laughed lifting your hand to stroke his bright red cheek.

"Whatever." He pouted jutting out his bottom.

You were crying with laughter now and you leaned forward with your lips puckered, "Does the little baby want a kiss?"

You were leaning forward just to mock him, but you were thrown over someone's shoulder immediately tending but soon relaxing when you saw it was Oliver walking out of the bar with you still laughing at Barry.

"Love you, Bar!" You called out with a wave to Barry as Oliver pushed open the door with you still over his shoulder, knowing he wouldn't take your jokes to heart.

In one swift motion, you were back on your feet pressing your hand to Olivers chest to regain your balance.

"What the hell, babe?" You groaned rubbing down your hair. "What's wrong?"

Oliver's arms were crossed over his chested he looked down at you. "You were talking to Barry. And I wanted to talk to you."

"Well, talk."

"I love you." He blurted the words so fumbled you barely heard what he said.

Your eyes widened at the sudden confession but a bright smile soon adorned your features. "Do you think we should tell people now?"

"Yes. So Barry never flirts with you again."

"Barry? Awh, you were jealous of Barry." Your smile got impossibly wider.

"Psssh, no."

You rolled your eyes knowing that he wasn't going to admit it anytime soon, but you wrapped your arms around his neck and pull him closer to so your chests are touching.

"I love you, too." Oliver presses his lips on to yours, pushing you up against a nearby wall to deepen your kiss.