A showcase with @PaleAire, author of to marry an heir

1 what inspired the idea of your story? 

Representation. Now we begin to see the LGBTQ+ community being represent on media and on books, though most of them don't represent the members of this particular community in a good light. Also almost every Gay romance has a sad ending or a lot of promiscuity. So, I decided to be the change I wanted to see in here!

2 what is something you struggled constructing with your story? 

That's a good question, it actually still is a struggle I face, the story is now complete though I plan to re-edit. I struggle a lot with descriptive writing, which is contradictory to me as I can see everything playing out as I write it but it still reads flat and dull to my readers.

3 what did you enjoy writing most of your story?

I enjoyed that this began as a modern fairytale. Like a modern Disney fairytale. And so, writing the royal aspects and researching about it was so enjoyable. I believe I share the same love for royalty as the main character!

 4 what's the overall response of your story from your readers? 

The overall response is quite ambiguous, some love it, some don't feel engaged to the story nor connected to the main characters. But I may say that overall, my readers love the story.

5 is your story a stand alone novel or a piece of a series ? 

For now is a stand alone novel, if after the re-editing I keep receiving the good feedback, I already have a part 2 in vision. It will clear a lot of the insecurities some of the readers share with this book.

6 what would you like your readers to take away from your story? 

That love look beyond class, sexual orientation and ethnicity. In the end, love does win. And that LGBTQ+ people can have long-lasting relationships like the norm of the heterosexual ones.

7 what advice would you provide to fellow writers, when it comes to focusing on their own story? 

Listen to your readers, read every comment, every criticism (positive of course) and apply to your story but don't lose your essence as a writer and the essence of your work. Write even if you doubt the quality, if you were drawn to write it in the first place it signifies it bears a great meaning to you!

8 does your main character share any similarities to yourself?

Yes, some similarities, I didn't want to be shallow and write as myself. But yes, Richard is the English equivalent to my real name Ricardo, and we are goal-oriented, ambitious and always down to learn more.

 9 what is something about your story you believe would draw in new readers? 

Without trying to be redundant, I believe originality and representation. As I previously mentioned, there isn't a good or faithful representation of gay romance, in this case, in books in general. On Wattpad I find stories, without trying to tear anyone down, about gay romance that are so full of despair, promiscuous even borderline pornographic, nothing wrong about that. Though those aspects are the stereotypes that feed ignorant people's beliefs towards homosexuality. And I believe that my story, for the most part fiction as it is, it represents gay romance in a true, happy light.

10 do you have any future projects?

I do, I have two new stories that came to me in my dreams and I have almost the first chapter of each fully written. I just need to sketch the plot and where it's going to lead. Though I can say without spoiling that if you love LGBTQ+ stories, then you will love these ones!