Fairy Tales

Samuel's POV

So Weiss and Yang are fighting from Team RWBY?" Vi aksed as she stuffed her face full of noodles. I looked down to my bowl and nodded slowly. "Yeah,"

"Why do you seem upset?" Lydia asked, looking over to me as she herself ate some of the food in front of her. Ryan smirked and hit Vi on the shoulder. "It's because be doesn't get to see Ruby on the field."

"Oh can it dog boy." I rolled my eyes, a playful smile gracing my lips. Lydia shot me a glare, she knew something was up. "It's honestly nothing, I just got hit pretty hard with that damn stick that girl was using."

"Uh-huh." Lydia rolled her eyes, I shrugged and offered a smile to which she went back to eating her food. I sighed and slammed my head agaisnt the table. "I'm tireeeeeed."

"Quit complaining, we have to head back to the arena before the fight starts." Vi eagerly stood up and stretched her arms over head. "We also have to discuss who will be fighting in the finals."

"That can wait until tonight." Lydia also stood up, but moved her head back in forth to stretch her neck. I taking the hint stood myself up alobg with Ryan who rolled his eyes at the group we call a team.

"Now let's go!"

We had made our way to the arena and saw that Penny and some other girl had just finished battling it out. It appears they were also victorious. I smiled as we passed them on our way to our seats.

"Does any-" I began to say but was quickly cut off as a petal like figure came barreling towards me. The hooded figure slowly stood up and frantically began to apologize. "I'm so so so sorry, I wasn't watching where I was going an- oh it's you."

"Hi to you too Ruby." I smiled as I pushed myself to my feet. I looked over her shoulder to see the rest of SLVR walking off, Vi smiling brightly as she looked back. "Well go get us seats, don't be too long~"

"I'm sorry, I was going to see Penny." She apologized once more as she looked towards the ground. I laughed at her sudden reaction, to which she looked up and sent a scowl. "It's fine, I really don't mind."

"Well I feel bad so just say you accept my apology." She crossed her arms and huffed, making a slight piece of her black and red hair blow up slightly. "I accept your apology, although there was no need for it."

"Thank you very much." Her smile returned as she went to keep running in the direction we came from. "Talk later! I have to go find Penny!"

"Bye Ruby." I smiled as she burst into rose petals once again. I turned in my heel as I was about to continue onto the arena. "Ah, Mr. Ovenshire I was wondering if we could have a word."

I saw Ozpin with his cane in hand, leaning on it slightly. I sighed and nodded slowly. Seeing his smile made me even less eager for the conversation that was about to rise.

I followed Ozpin pack to beacon and up to his office. Inside was two people I had met before. The office was unsurprisingly empty, and the air felt almost still. I stood rather awkward as Ozpin sat in his chair.

The elevator once again opened and revealed Pyrrah and Qrow. "Yes Ozpin, I'm sorry but I'm confused as to why I was called?"

"Well I'm very impressed with both you and Mr. Ovenshire's display throughout the festival." Ozpin began with a smile, I stood with my arms crossed taking in his posture. He was slightly hunched over the desk, his hands clasped together as his elbows were less than shoulder width apart. "Well I couldn't have done it without my teammates."

"Personally, I think it's the other way around." I looked to see Qrow leaning against a wall his eyes narrowing at Pyrrah. "I'm sorry I don't think we've met before."

"Names Qrow." He quickly introduced himself and stole a quick glance from Ozpin. "Qrow is a trusted colleague of mine."

"Ozpin, why have you called us here?" I spoke up, catching him slightly off guard. Something was wrong, his body language is sending all sorts of mixed signals. So was the was Crows shoulders were held and his arms were crossed firmly. "Well Mr. Ovenshire I believe you have a strong idea of why you're here, but Ms. Nikos what is your favorite fairytale?"

"I'm sorry..?" Pyrrah raised a brow as she looked from me back to Ozpin. "Fairy tales, stories from your childhood. Surely you must remember some of them."

"Well, there's The Tale of The Two Brothers, The Grimm Tamer, The Shallow Sea, The Girl in the Tower..." She seemed thrown off by the question, but answered none the less. Ozpin leaned forward with a ghost of a smile. "What about the one about the seasons?"

"Well, of course!" Pyrrah staighted slightly as she began to recall the story. "A callous old man, who refuses to leave his home, is visited by four traveling sisters. The first understands his reclusive nature and urges him to use his time in solitude to reflect and meditate. The second brings him fruits and flowers, tending to his crops and revitalizing his garden. The third warms the man's heart, convincing him to step outside and embrace the world around him. And the fourth and final sister begs him to look at all that he has, and be thankful. In return for their kindness, the man grants the maidens incredible powers, so that they may continue to help others all over the world. They graciously accept, and promise to share their gifts with the people of Remnant 'til the end of days. Winter, Spring, Summer, and Fall; the four maidens. My mother loves that story."

"What if I told you that story was around since I was a kid."

"You're not that old Professor." Pyrrah laughs lightly. I took high intreast as Ozpin spoke. He was dead serious his tone, the way he looked between both Pyrrah and I. There was no hint that he was lying. "Well, would you believe me if I told you it was true?"

"I beg your pardon?" Pyrrah asked I put my hand on her shoulder and studied Ozpin. "You're not lying, are you?"

"What if I told you that there were four maidens existing in this world, that could wield such tremendous power, without Dust?" Ozpin continued, not taking either of our regards to answer. "You mean... like a Semblance?"

"Like Magic." Ozpin delivered with a small smile. Pyrrah looked down to her lap. "I..."

"Yeah. First time hearing this, it's pretty crazy." Qrow spoke up, and slowly sauntered over to the desk. "You're serious?"

"He's not lying." I muttered in slight amazement. I mean anybody would be shocked from hearing what was just shared.

"Why... why are you telling me this," She looked back at me and then back to Ozpin. "Why are you telling us this?"

"We are telling you this, Pyrrha Nikos, because we believe you are next in line to receive the Fall Maiden's powers." He spat out like it was common sense. His eyes then drifted over to me. "And we know Samuel Ovenshire that you're The Grimm Tamer already."

"We?" Was the first thing that happened to come out of my mouth. Almost as if it was planed the elevator opened to see Glynda Goodwitch and James Ironwood step through the doors. "Sorry we're late."

"Wait, what is this? Who are you?" Pyrrah aksed almost frightened by their sudden appearance. I myself was a little off put by the sudden knowledge we had just gained. Glynda came forward and her tone was almost as if she was trying to be reassuring. "You know who we are. We're still the same teachers and Headmasters you met when you arrived at Beacon."

"But we've got a little part-time job." Qrow I putter as he joined the other two in their descent to the desk. Ironwood was the last to speak up as he looks between the other people in the room. "We're thr protectors of the world."

"And we need you're help."

My eyes widened as the bombshell news was just dropped on us. I shared a look with Pyrrah as they all looked towards us.

What the hell do we do now?