Jaunedice

I sighed as I walked out of the last class for today. I was walking down the halls as to clear my mind.

Jaune has been looking certainly different the past few days, I don't think I've seen him smile once. I was walking when I was suddenly pulled aside.

"Pyrrah?" I asked as we were in a vacant classroom. She looked at me and smiled.

"Yes I was wondering if I could ask a favor of you." Her mood lightly dropped as she started to talk. "Yeah, what's up?"

"It's about Jaune," She started and looked down at her hands. "He's been struggling in classes and I was hoping you would help me try to convince him."

"Does this also have to do with his recently dull mood?" I asked, looking as she tensed. "I think so, but also Cardin seems to be adding to it."

"Cardin, I really dislike him." I rolled my eyes at his antics a few days ago. "Yes as do I, and I think Jaune has been bullied by him but won't ask for help."

"Alright then, let's go help him." I smiled and I could see that Pyrrah let out an audible sigh of relief. "Thanks Sam, I really am in your debt."

"Don't mention it," I waved her off quickly. "Freinds are meant to help one another when the time is right. I'm just being a good friend."

"Yes, now Jaune should be passing by this corridor any second. I know of a place on the roof where we could help him." She nodded as she stuck her head out the classroom door. She looked back in the classroom and nodded.

"Hey Jaune," She stepped out of the class, which I followed her into the hallway. "Follow us."

"Sure." He mumbled as he began walking between Pyrrah and I. We eventually made it to the roof where I landed against the wall, Pyrrah stood behind Jaune who was looking over the roof.

"Pyrrha, Sam, I know I'm going through a hard time right now, but I'm not that depressed." He looks over the edge and then looks back at Pyrrah and I. "I can always be a farmer or something..."

"N-n-no!" Pyrrah runs towards Jaune and brought him away from the edge, I did my best to stifle my laughter. "That's not why we brought you up here!"

"Jaune, I know you're having a difficult time in class and that you're still not the strongest of fighters, so," Pyrrah looked back over at me and I gave her a nod. "We want to help you!"

"W-what?" Jaune stammered on his words as he looked between Pyrrah and I. "We can train up here after class where no one can bother us!"

"You guys think I need help?" Jaune looked even worse than before. I pushed myself off the wall and towards the two. "That's not what she meant Jaune."

"But she just said it!" He yelled, seemingly hurt tone in his voice.

"Jaune, everybody needs a little push from time to time. It doesn't make you any different from the rest of us. You made it to Beacon! That speaks volumes of what you're capable of!" Pyrrah does her best to lighten the mood, but I could see Jaune visably tense. "You're wrong. I-I don't belong here."

"What do you mean Jaune?" I asked as he looked away from us and lowered his head. "I wasn't really accepted into Beacon..."

"What?" Pyrrah asked, looking over at Jaune who slowly faced us.

"I mean I didn't go to combat school, I didn't pass any tests. I didn't earn my spot at this Academy!" His voice got increasingly louder as he continued to talk. Yet I could tell he was upset still. "I lied! I got my hands on some fake transcripts, and I lied!"

"But why?" Pyrrah asked, I could see her question herself. "'Cause this is always what I've wanted to be! My father, my grandfather, and his father before him were all warriors! They were all heroes! I wanted to be one, too. I was just never good enough."

Pyrrah placed her hand on Jaune's shoulder and I smiled at him.

"Then let us help you Jaune." Pyrrah tried to reason with her. "I don't want help! I don't want to be the damsel in distress! I want to be the hero!"

"Jaune-" I started to say, but he immediately cut me off. "I'm tired of being the lovable idiot, stuck in the tree while his friends fight for their lives! Don't you understand? If I can't do this on my own... then what good am I?"

Pyrrah reaches out for Jaune, but he backs away from her. "Just leave me alone, okay!?"

"If that's what you think is best..." Pyrrah turned on her heel and left Jaune. Once she was out the door I spoke up. "Jaune, help isn't a bad thing. Do you regret coming to Beacon?"

"No, I've made friends, I met Pyrrah and I want to pursue this career more than anything!" He clasped his own hands and looked out at the shattered moon. "Then why don't you think over Mine and Pyrrah's offer and think about apologizing to her, she had your best interests at heart. You're here at Beacon Jaune, why don't you make the best of it."

He sighed as I walked away, I made it into the hallway. I expected to see Pyrrah but to my surprise it was empty. I disregarded the thoughts and made my way to my dorm room.

"Hey Sam!" Vi calls out from her bed, that was currently on top of her. I looked over to see Lydia handing upside down. Ryan looked over the scene and was laughing from his bed.

"Do I even want to ask what happened?" I rolled my eyes as I set my school bag onto my bed. "Well you see, Lydia got mad at me, then I got mad at her and made her float, then she flipped my bed with her plants. And now we are here."

"What we're you fighting about?" I asked with a laugh. I sat on my bed and looked over at the two.

"We were making bets as to when you and Ru-" She was abruptly cut off when Vi slapped her hand over Lydia's mouth.

"We were fighting about, uh," Vi looked around the room. "Who has the better decorated corner! Yeah that's the argument."

"Well, I'm going to sleep." I rolled my eyes as I quickly changed and then fell into the bed. "No more fitting for the night please."

"You got it princess." Ryan laughed as he walked into the bathroom. I sighed and let sleep over come me for the night.