• Chapter fifty: Am I hallucinating?

𝘼𝙢 𝙄 𝙝𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙪𝙘𝙞𝙣𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜?

𝘼𝙢 𝙄 𝙝𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙪𝙘𝙞𝙣𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜?

Two days later and it's the day of prom.

We spend most of the day celebrating Eva's fifteenth birthday. We had lunch at a restaurant, Chloe included, where my parents decided to embarrass Eva by making the staff bring out a cake and sing happy birthday in their tone-deaf voices which clashes horribly with each other. To make matters worse for my little sister, she had to stand on her seat so the whole restaurant could see her. I would self combust if that happened to me.

Alex was sweet enough to get her a gift. I know it's not my birthday and he didn't give a gift to me, but I appreciated this immensely. I appreciate the way he cares for my family immensely. It's all I could ever wish for in a boyfriend. I don't know what I'd do if him and my family didn't like each other.

Towards the end of the afternoon, Alex and I leave the birthday celebration, which wasn't much of a celebration as the family was simply sat in the living room watching a film, to go and get ready for the prom. Kenzie, Jake and Lucy join us.

My parents promise to look after Chloe for the evening. After Alex explains everything they need to know about her, he is satisfied with this.

I begin to have an existential crisis when I can't find my phone. Everyone, except Alex who is in the bathroom, begins to help me look. We call the bedroom a lost cause, so I enter the conjoining bathroom, thinking that Alex is doing something with his hair.

"Hey, have you seen my—" I pause abruptly as I realise I have walked into Alex naked. So I guess he's not doing his hair then. He's wet. Shower. I even heard it. "—penis." I accidentally blurt out. Oh my God, why?!

"Yes, I have seen your penis," He responds with a smirk.

I quickly register that I'm still staring, "I'm looking for my phone."

"You left it in here while you were showering. Disappointed that you didn't invite me in and I had to shower on my own," He says, still smirking as he picks my phone up from next to the sink and hands it to me. He then grabs a towel from the rack and wraps it around his lower half. "Cami called you, by the way."

"My deepest apologies. Maybe next time," I say back. Deepest apologies to myself too. Why is Camilla trying to call me?

I look down at my phone and see that he's correct. I have a missed call from Camilla.
Instead of calling her back, I go onto her contacts and block her. I then proceed to block all her social media accounts.

Every tap of my finger on the screen brings a stab to my heart.

I know we were friends for so long and that ended abruptly, not because we were fighting for a while, but the things she said to me hurt a lot, evident by the way I reacted. I don't want any reminders of that. I don't think I can forgive her, at least not yet. I know people grow and change, Alex as an example of one of those people, but it only happened to days ago. I need time. This is all too much for me to be okay with in such a short amount of time.