• Chapter fifty-two: Do you not trust me?

𝘿𝙤 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙩𝙧𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙢𝙚?

The rest of the week was spent assembling all of the furniture which has been lying around. The first thing to have been put up was Alex's bed, meaning, on Tuesday, Alex had officially moved out of my house.

"Thank you so much for everything," Alex had said to my parents that day, his suitcase in hand as he stood by the door, ready for me to drive him to his apartment where he'll be living from then on. "It means a lot to me that you gave me a safe place to stay even though you hardly knew me. I honestly thought I was going to end up homeless. You didn't have to let me stay here for the past two months, yet you did, and I'll be forever grateful for it. Being cared for is different for me, I've never experienced it before, but it almost makes me feel worth it again. You cared so much about my situation, you were there when I thought I was going to have to go through it alone, and I would never have had the strength to have told the police anything if it weren't for you guys."

"Oh, Tesoro, you are making it sound like a goodbye!" My mother exclaims, visibly trying not to cry. It's now that Isaak comes bounding over to us, grabbing my hand.

"This is definitely not a goodbye," Alex chuckles, and then he ruffles Isaak's hair before turning to my mum. "Thank you for trying to contact my mom as well. I know that it probably won't be for a long time, but if she ever does come back to me, I will know that you helped so much, Tina. I'm really going to miss living here."

"Oh, it was our pleasure! You have been such a gem! We are always here for you whenever you need us, and you are always welcome here," My mum says as she pulls Alex into a hug. "I am going to miss having you around everyday. Thank you for all of the house work you did, and everything else you did for us. You could not be a better boyfriend for my Matthew."

"Thank you, son," My dad adds with a firm nod and a grip of his shoulder. This isn't a lack of sympathy; my dad just isn't an affectionate person, which is the opposite of my mother and I. It was even a surprise when he hugged me after I came out to him.

Isaak's grows visibly bored already, making sounds of annoyance and trying to pull me away. Alex smiles down at my little brother, "I'll see you later, little man."

"Leavin'?" Isaak asks, his little eyebrows furrowed in confusion as he looks down at the suitcase in Alex hand and the bag slung over his shoulder. He's old enough to know that this means that Alex is going somewhere.

"Alex is going to live somewhere else," I tell him, as soft as I can despite my own sadness about it all.

"Alex is leavin'," My little brother whines, looking up at me with wide eyes, now pouting. I knew Isaak would get attached; he always does. My mum had to pull him off his nursery teacher the other day.