Chapter thirty-one: Welcome to the family

𝙒𝙚𝙡𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙚 𝙩𝙤 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙛𝙖𝙢𝙞𝙡𝙮

Since his breakdown, Alex doesn't let any cracks in his façade show. Instead, he puts a brave face on, keeps his head held high and has been strolling through life as though nothing's happened.

I try my best to get him to talk about how he's feeling inside, to open up, but he brushes it off with an "Honestly, I'm fine" and a "Thank you for caring, though."

He refuses to let the police get involved. He doesn't think it's bad enough. On top of that, he doesn't talk about it.

Furthermore, he doesn't take long getting in the rhythm of living with us, and by the end of the week, he's pretty much settled. My family seem to love him; my mother is especially taken with him. It's mainly down to the fact that he's insanely polite around them, ultimately juxtaposing how he acts at school. Even so, I've noticed his change in attitude at school since he began staying with us. He seems to care more now.

The person he seems to get on with the most, however, is Eva. For the most part, this is because Alex helped me save her from a drug-infested hangout, but also because she's a lot like he used to be. She acts out and gets into trouble, acting as though she doesn't give a shit about her education or other people she doesn't deem close to her. Alex puts in subtle efforts to teach her that this isn't the best way in life. I think it's great.

Tutoring is much easier since we don't have to choose who's house to go to anymore. I don't have to drive anywhere anymore too in that case. As soon as we get home, we can get straight into it. There is no longer a set time or day either, we can just do it when we're bothered, and that's that. We've kind of slacked off recently, becoming more interested in each other than the work, so living together for a bit is not going to help that at all.

I've also learnt that super-rich Alex doesn't have a car, surprisingly. He doesn't even know how to drive. He says he's too nervous to, and I find that pretty amusing. As a result of this, Alex is an addition in my car in the mornings on the way to school and on the way home, which is nice. I also drop him off at his performing arts club, which we shorten to the B.P.A.C to which he promised to take me to one day to watch him sing, and pick him up afterwards.

Sleeping next to him is nice too. He offered to sleep on a blow-up bed when I said I wanted him to stay in my room, but I insisted he sleeps on a proper bed. I didn't think of how weird it may have sounded then but, I just wanted him next to me at night. It was likeable sleeping next to him in London, and when I had my breakdown. If we slept together fine then without thinking much of it, I didn't think there would be a problem.

I also have a cuddle buddy every night too, which is a bonus. I never knew how much I loved to cuddle until I started dating Alex.