• Chapter forty-eight: I'm more than ready

𝙄'𝙢 𝙢𝙤𝙧𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙣 𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙙𝙮

𝙄'𝙢 𝙢𝙤𝙧𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙣 𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙙𝙮

I know exactly where and when I am going to come out to Cami.

Right here, right now, in my art classroom at school during lunchtime. I'm more than ready.

It's a weird place to come out, I keep telling myself that, but I push my reluctance to the back of my mind. I told Alex that I was going to come out to her today and I like to stick to my words. I also want to get this over and done with. I have a chance now so I'm taking it. It's already so very overdue.

Why am I doing it here? I ask myself, but then I remember that right now is the only time I can do it as after school, I am meeting Chloe.

I briefly forgot that Alex has her a day earlier than he usually does because her mother, who's name I found out is Erica, is going away with her boyfriend for their one year anniversary, leaving Chloe in Alex's care for two extra nights: Thursdays through Monday. Though, she'll be staying at my house in Isaak's room in Isaak's old, and Sofia's foetus's new, crib, since Chloe can't stay at Alex's new apartment yet since Alex doesn't think it's a safe enough environment for her to be in, I recall.

Surprisingly, Erica was actually the one to suggest Chloe staying at my house when Alex told her that Chloe couldn't stay at the apartment, and apparently she knows all about me and that Alex is living with me for the time being.

After Alex hesitantly asked my parents if Chloe could stay at ours over the weekend, they were quick to agree without even needing an explanation, like the loving parents they are, although they did promise to keep out the way to prevent Chloe from getting too familiar to them. They understand that it's either Chloe stays here, or she has to stay at with someone she doesn't know—which is a disaster waiting to happen as she's clingy—or Erica won't be able to go on her romantic getaway.

Today is the last day of school, since it always breaks up for the summer on the Thursday to allow the juniors to get everything ready for the prom on the Friday which takes place on the Saturday. I have debated whether or not I should delay my whole coming out until tomorrow, but the thought of Cami still not knowing and the mental battle of trying to convince myself if she'll accept me or not for even one more day, seems like self-torture. I'm doing it today.

We're in the art classroom collecting all of the work I've done over the past academic year for me to take home as there's no use for them here anymore. I asked Cami to come with me with the excuse that I didn't want to go alone. There's no one around and I'm one of the last ones to come in and collect my stuff, so I don't have to worry about anyone walking in. It's just me and Cami.