Chapter Fifty-Seven: Picken's Day and Mystery Illnesses

Liked by Cap

Liked by Cap.America, kingpea and 8284 others.

@queentopaz: Well, that was a flop. 📷:@Thalia_Stark

*Comments have been disabled for this post*

To the story.....................

Pickens Day.............

It was later that day and everything that had happened was still fresh in my brain. It kept repeating like a broken record. "Hey, Lia. You good?" Sweet Pea asked as we stood outside the Wyrm making the final preparations for the peaceful protest.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I should be asking you that question." I sighed.

"Bullshit. Your head has been in the clouds all day. What's wrong?" He called me out with a look.

"Fine but you can't tell anyone I told you. I promised my dad I would keep it a secret." I sighed and he nodded in agreement. "Whatever Hydra did to me when I was younger is affecting my bloodwork. My dad took a sample from the Tesseract and compared to my blood panel. We have the same energy. Then there's the fact apparently I have a prophecy in Asgard."

"Hey, we don't have to be here if you don't want to be here, Lia." He told me.

"I told Jughead I would be here and I don't want to let one of my friends down." I sighed.

"It's not your job to please everyone, babe." He sighed.

"It feels like it sometimes." I told him.

"I know but it isn't." he told me.

"Plus, I've said it before, the Serpents have done a lot for me." I told me.

"And you have done a lot for them. You don't have to do this." He said as he put his hand on my waist.

"I know but I want to." I reassured him. It wasn't long after that, that Picken's Day began and it was soon our time to shine. Veronica was singing with the Pussycats, Josie's old band before they kicked her out of it.

"Tally? Toni? Jughead? What the hell is going on?" Veronica questioned from her spot on stage as the Serpents and I walked up to the stage with duct tape over our mouths and signs over our shoulders. Toni turned around when she made it to the stage to face everyone.

"We're here representing the dead and the silenced. Pickens Day is a lie. General Pickens slaughtered the Uktena tribe, my grandfather's family. And this land, the land that we're standing on, the land that will soon give way to a new Southside, was stolen from them. And we can't bring them back, but we can and we must honor them." Toni began but then my Uncle interrupted her.

"Hey, folks, hi. Uh... I think we can all be proud to live in a Riverdale where young people stand up for justice. Where a young woman can defend the honor and legacy of her grandfather. And where we can celebrate the living legacy of the Uktena, who contribute to the rich tapestry that is Riverdale, that is the Southside and that will be SoDale. So let's hear a round of applause for that, am I right?" Hiram interrupted her and everyone applauded but the one thing only I knew is that the whole protest was on video and I was planning to post it on Youtube but the Avengers were also doing a secret investigation into SoDale. We were all pissed that the protest did nothing to the Lodges but I did see that it did something to Cheryl. This whole situation was making her question everything she grew up believing and I know that takes a toll on someone.