82. I'm Training To Be Plato

Will’s POV

“The hotel room is company paid,” I say before she can say it’s too extravagant and I shouldn’t have spent so much money. I could have easily paid with Ethan’s “extra” bank account that he never touches and Leah lets me use, but attempting to cut him out of every aspect of my life. I’m trying to save up my money to pay Leah back so I can get the hell out of her house.

“It’s wonderful,” she says in awe of what I would consider a decent room. It’s really expensive to stay n Paris, so it’s nothing like staying at a five star hotel in North Carolina. But it’s still functional and has a great view of the city. I’m not complaining.

“I’m glad you like it, because your probably going to be spending a lot of time in it today. I’m sorry about that.”

“It’s fine with me,” she says going over to the large window. “I’m still tired from the flight. Do you have a lot of meetings?”

“Yeah, I’ll probably be out until you’re asleep for the night.”

I have so much shit to discuss with the presidents that it makes my head spin thinking about it. The only relief I get is knowing the blame ultimately rests on their shoulders, and knowing I’ll be coming back to the hotel to see Jessi.

“But you’ve hardly slept,” she says like I can choose sleep over work.

“I’ll have plenty of time to sleep after tomorrow night.”

“I’m worried about you,” she says genuinely.

I’m a little thrown off guard by her statement.

“Why?” I walk across the room so I can look at the city with her.

“Because you work so much. Because you never sleep,” she says shyly.

I chuckle a little and wrap my arm around her shoulder. “It’s endearing to hear that you’re concerned, but you shouldn’t be. I’ve been in this business for long enough. I know how to handle it.”

“Just don’t overdo yourself.” She rests her head against my chest and I pull her closer to me. In all honesty, I’m not really tired, but that’s just because I’m not thinking about it. The second I pay attention to what my body is telling me, I’ll be asleep in seconds. That can’t happen right now.

“Tell you what,” I say holding back a yawn. “Sunday will be our sleeping day, and then we can sight see starting on Monday. I have to help pack up the paintings and do some of the numbers since our accountant isn’t here, but that won’t take up all my time.”

“You shouldn’t have any uneasiness about work taking up your time. That’s what you came here for, and I’m just tagging along for the ride.”

She’s perfect.

“Okay,” I say kissing the top of her head. I suddenly get a perfect idea to occupy her for the day. “I should get ready. Take this.” I hand her the credit card for the extra banking account. Even if it bothers me to use it, I don’t mind giving it to Jessi. She can use up all of the fucker’s money if she wants, not that she would even make a dent in his wallet.

“What?”

She doesn’t reach out to take it, so I physically place it in her hand that’s hanging at her side. She looks at it like it’s written in French.

“A credit card.”

I open up my suitcase to find a different nice shirt I can wear. First they make me dress up for the plane ride, which no one even sees me on. Then they make me dress up for these meetings that are completely informal. I just want my fucking Fall Out Boy shirt.

“I know it’s a credit card. Do you want me to hold onto it for you?”

“I want you to go shopping in Paris, after you take a nap. I believe you need a dress to wear tomorrow night.”

“Will, I can’t take your money.”

I’ve lost track of the amount of times I have to argue with her about money. But it truly doesn’t bother me one bit because she’s fighting for the opposite of what most girls would say.

“Yes you can. You just did.”

“No, Will, really-“

“Do you need a dress for tomorrow?” I ask even though I already know the answer.

“Yes, but-“

“And I’m the one forcing you to go to the event where you need to buy a dress.”

“You’re not forcing-“

“Ba Ba Ba,” I say quickly stopping her from talking. “Think of it as doing me a favor. I need to impress the presidents, so I need to look good. You’re going to be representing me, so you need to look good also. Basically, if you don’t go out and buy yourself a beautiful dress without looking at the price tag, I’m not going to get promoted. Are you going to help me out, or not?” 

She stares blankly at me but then slowly starts to smirk.

“You totally just twisted that around, you clever bastard.”

She crosses her arms and taps the credit card to the rhythm of her foot. She looks so sexy when she gets mad in such a cute, playful way. I have to keep reminding myself that I need to get to a meeting in across town and I can’t be late. I don’t have time to be entranced by the alluring girl I’m lucky enough to call my girlfriend.

“I’m an expert at being a clever bastard,” I say looking for my jacket. “Now, no more questions. Buy whatever you want. I have to get going.” It takes more self-control than I expect to only give her a two second kiss.

“I don’t speak French. How am I supposed to buy anything?”

“There are a ton of people who speak English around here. If you’re anxious, just ask the front desk where the best places are to go. But please don’t go far away the hotel and bring your phone with you.”

“You sound like my dad,” she says with a giggle.

“I don’t want to spend my precious sleeping time in a cab around a foreign country looking for you, but I will. So if you want me to sleep, don’t get lost.” I wink just to get her to blush, and it works.

She leans against the doorframe and I stand in the hall, not wanting to leave.

“Make a lot of important decisions and impress a lot of important people.”

“That’s good advice,” I say unable to keep myself from kissing her again.

“I’m training to be Plato. Now, go to work.”

“You always struck me more as an Aristotle.”

“Go to work!” she says pulling away from another one of my kisses. I laugh as she slams the door in my face, and then cracks it open to blow me a kiss and wish me luck.

A minute after she’s gone, I’m still standing outside the door as a wave of realization of how much I care about her flows over me. I place my palm flat against the door and slide it down to the handle, but then let it drop to my side.

“I love you,” I whisper in the empty hallway. I try to reach for the handle again, but I can’t get my mind to cooperate with my heart. Instead, I sigh and walk quickly down the hall even though I know I’m already late. 

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

What did Moses say to Abraham when he asked where he could find an ark?

"I Noah guy."

HAHahahHAHha

Kind of a short update, but sometimes I get to a really good stopping point and it's shorter or longer than I would typically perfer. Not sure when the next update will be because I have finals next week and the Paris convention is going to need a lot of proofreading. I don't want it to be misinterperted.

Please Vote and Comment!

Thank you so much. I love you. x