49. About Valentines Day...

"What's the opposite of a phobia?" I ask as we start up the fire escape.

"I don't know," he laughs.

"An addiction! That's it. You have an addiction to heights."

"I don't think that's possible."

"You can have an addiction to anything."

"Define addiction."

I have no idea how high he plans on going, but he insisted on me going first in case I fell. So, I guess I'll just keeping climbing until he tells me to stop.

"I define it as something you need, but not everyone else in the world needs it. Like you need food and water, but you're not addicted to it. Everyone needs it. But everyone doesn't need chocolate."

"That's a very loose definition."

"I guess. I think addiction is just a really strong liking for something. Something your mind tricks you into thinking you need."

We continue climbing until we're all the way on the top floor. The roof isn't flat for us too climb on, so I stop on the edge of the fire escape.

"In that case," Will says turning my face towards his. "There are a few things I'm addicted to more than heights."

My breath hitches at his words and how close he is to me. His warm breath is fanning over my face, blocking out the cold air. He places his lips on my forehead before pulling back slightly.

"Here," he says holding out the sharpie. "Choose a brick."

I look around at the surrounding wall and don't see anyone's name. We must be the first ones who decided to climb to the top.

"You're not adopting a dog. They're all the same. You don't have to spend hours picking which one you like the best." I know him so well that I can tell when he's rolling his eyes without even looking at him.

I finally squat down and decide on one that is a lighter red than the others. The marker will show up better. I write my name and hand the marker to Will.

I get a giddy feeling in my stomach when I see him write his name next to mine. It's like we're official now. We're writing it down, documenting it. We might not be able to tell everyone yet, but just the idea of it makes me happy. This beautiful man wants me. Out of all the gorgeous girls he could have chosen, he chose me. It's still hard for me to wrap my head around.

"Perfect," Will says standing up to study his work. Our names and today's date take up the whole brick, which Will outlined in sharpie.

"Almost." I take the marker from him and draw a little heart in the space above our names. "Now it's perfect."

"Aren't you cute," he says smiling.

"So you've told me."

He wraps his arms around me and I'm immersed in his warmth and the smell of Will. I can't put my finger on exactly what he smells like. It's a mixture of mint and delight. That's the only way I can think to describe it.  

"Can we stay up here a little longer?" I ask when he releases me.

"I think my height addiction is rubbing off on you."

I don't want to go home yet, and he seems like he's in a good mood right now. I really need to start talking to him about something, or he's never going to give in.

"About Valentines Day..." I say sitting down.

"Oh, right. We can finish the conversation we were having before we were rudely interrupted."