48. Is It Vandalism?

Will's POV

"I still don't understand it," Jessi says shaking her head.

"You don't have to understand anything they do. They're both fucking crazy."

I'm sitting cross-legged on the floor of my living room as Jessi lies across my couch. All of her notes are spread out on the table, but we haven't touched them all evening. I've had to work extra long recently, and it's great to have these days were I can just go to school and then hang out with Jess the rest of the night.

"But Valentines Day is only about two weeks away," she says still shocked.

"I don't know how they're going to do it, but it's not my problem."

Leah and Ethan decided it would be a great idea to get married on Valentines Day. I'm not sure if they're aware that Valentines Day is in February. Or maybe they forgot that February comes after January. Either way, no logical person wants to plan a wedding in two weeks. But then again, we're talking about Leah and Ethan here.

"I'm more concerned with what I'm going to get my girlfriend," I say smiling. I literally use the word anytime I get the opportunity. I can't call her that in school because Vin might hear, and I don't want him using it against me if it comes down to it. And obviously no one can know at work, so my house is my only safe place. My thoughts about what happens after the girlfriend/boyfriend stage haven't changed, but I don't like to think about that. Marriage is still fucked up. But right now, she's my girlfriend, and I have to think of something amazing to get her for Valentines Day. 

"Oh really?" she asks blushing. She blushes a lot more now and I fucking adore it.

"Yep. I'll think of something."

"I actually had an idea."

"Do you-" I stop talking when I see Leah standing in the doorframe. How long has she been here? This whole "staying on opposite sides of the house" rule has been violated way too many times by her. She used to keep to herself a lot better when Jessi wasn't always over.

Jessi follows my gaze and she smiles brightly. "Hi, Leah! How are you?"

I'm not going to lie, I love Jessi's positivity and kindness. But does she really have to extend it as far as Leah?

"I'm great, darling. How are you?"

"Fantastic. I just heard you are planning your wedding in two weeks. That's definitely exciting."

Are they just going to have a full-fledged conversation in my living room?

"Yes. It's kind of short notice, but after all this time, we just want to be married already."

Then why did he have to torture me with his presence for six years before finally committing? Six years of hoping he would leave just for this to happen.

"We thought Valentines Day would be perfect."

I wonder if I could successfully pull off a murder.

"I think it's a sweet idea," Jessi adds.

No one would know that I killed him.

"Thank you, Jessi."

I could wear gloves and hide the murder weapon.

"It's no problem. I would love to see your dress when you have it picked out."

Maybe I could just push him off a cliff.

"I'm actually going to pick one out tomorrow."

But then I would have to find a way to get him to a cliff without anyone knowing.