2. He Gets Around

"I might have been dreaming."

"He was definitely checking you out."

"Did you see the way he looked at me?"

"You should have seen him when he took the box from me downstairs."

"I wish I was there."

I felt like I was back in middle school. He's just a guy. A guy with a permanent smug expression that I wanted to knock right off of his face.

"I'm Jessi," I say to Kira. It felt like the most polite way to shut them up.

"Kira," she smiles. I reach out my hand for her to shake, but she kind of seems confused and I try to play it off like I was reaching for something. I probably look like an idiot but I just smile and hope she doesn't notice.

She has blonde hair like me but hers is a lot lighter with a layer of red underneath. I'm going to have to get used to everyone and their crazy color choices. She doesn't have as many tattoos as Avery, but I notice one on her wrist and one on the back of her shoulder as she turned to talk around.

"He called you Rosie!" Avery said with excitement toward me.

"Yeah, that's not my name," I said with a bit more annoyance than I meant.

"It's a nickname, Jessi. I'm sure he liked you," she continues.

"Ha," I roll my eyes. He hardly even looked at me and I'd like it keep it like that. "Why is he such a big deal?" I ask.

"That was Will Hastings," Avery says and widens her eyes as if she expects me to go, "ohh yeah! Now I know why you're acting like eleven year olds at a Justin Bieber concert."

"Doesn't ring a bell," I say. She looks at me like I'm slightly crazy.

"He gets around," is the brief explanation that Kira gives, but Avery goes into more detail.

"But he's beautiful! Just the way he looks at you and talks to you. It makes you feel so special."

"Until he sleeps with you and leaves," Kira says a little bitterly, but there's still a little smile on her lips. "He's probably the most addicting asshole I've ever been with in my life."

"You dated him?" I ask a little shocked. I know that Kira is a year ahead of me, but Will looked like a senior if not already out of college.

Avery bursts out laughing and Kira shoves her so she falls on top of her boxes. Kira and Avery have been friends for a while and wanted another roommate, so it's going to take me a while to get used to their inside jokes. But I don't know what's so funny about what I said.

"He doesn't date," Kira clarifies. "I met him at a party once, we had some fun, and then he moved on," she says like it's no big deal. "He's only a junior, so we've got two more years of him."

"It doesn't seem like he moved on by the way he looked at you," I say to Kira hoping to make her smile.

She dismisses my comment with, "He looks at everyone like that."

Except me.

Not that it really matters. But if he looks at everyone like they're the most important person in the world, why did he look at me like I was just... there? Probably because Kira and Avery were both gorgeous and have an edge to them that I'm obviously lacking. Will knew that he would be able to get in their pants but didn't even try with me. I might as well get "I've never kissed anyone" tattooed on my forehead. 

"That's how he gets what he wants," Avery adds, "and boy does it work." She sighs and puts the pillow over her head. He wasn't bad looking, but he wasn't a God. His personality ruined any chance of me liking him. I have to concentrate on school anyway if I want to move to New York City and take over my father's production company.

This school is perfect because the business classes are so small. Every student can get individual help. I think I saw about twenty people majoring in business in the whole school, so I was excited to meet the people I would have all my classes with. Until I found out I would have to be dealing with him.

My only savior is that fact that he's two years ahead of me. He'll be taking a lot of different classes. I'm a little bit ahead from taking college classes in high school, but I don't think I'll be seeing too much of him.

I hope.   

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Next chapter it gets interesting:) vote and comment!