19. Trust Me

After 30 minutes of driving, I was starting to get concerned.

"You know it's past nine o'clock at night."

"Yep."

"And we have class tomorrow."

"Indeed we do."

"So are we almost there?"

"Patience Rosie."

"Are you going to tell me where we're going?"

"Nope."

"Why are we going at night?"

"Ask another damn question and I'm throwing you out of the car."

"Would I get thrown out while the car was moving or would you stop first?"

"You're about to find out."

"Okay! Okay, I'll shut up now."

If I didn't know him so well, I would think that he was kidnapping me. We drove off the main road ten minutes ago and it was another ten minutes before he talks again.

"Do you trust me?" His question surprised me. He's not the kind of person to just bring up serious topics.

"I don't know," I say because I honestly don't know. My circle of trust for years has always just consisted of just me. My Mom is half in the circle and so is my Dad. I loved them very much, but certain events in my past have caused me not to trust anyone. Will's secrecy definitely doesn't make it any easier to trust him.

"Can you trust me just for tonight?" I think I can trust someone for one night. Well, I guess it depends on what we're going to be doing...

"Sure, I can try."

"No, you have to promise." What could we possibly be doing? The first thing that comes to my mind is jumping off cliffs, then swimming with sharks. Oh how I hate sharks. I don't care if I trust him with my life; I'm not swimming with sharks.

"We're not doing anything life threatening Jess, I just want you to promise me that you'll trust me, just for tonight. Then you can go back to being stubborn as hell tomorrow," he says with a smirk.

"Fine! I promise." I might totally regret this, but I haven't done many note worthy things in college so far. My grandchildren are going to hate listening to my stories if I don't start doing something exciting.

Will finally starts slowing down as we pull into a big parking lot. He turns off the ignition right in front of the sign Discovery Kingdom. There are only a few lights on, so I can't see much past the sign, but I know exactly where we are.

"This amusement park shut down years ago," I say to Will who's getting a flashlight out of the backseat.

"Yeah, have you ever been?" I remember driving up here once when I was really little, but I don't really have any memories from it.

"I think so."

"I like to drive around a lot when I just need to get out of the house and I stumbled across this," he says shinning the flashlight into the park. "No one ever comes here and they left a lot of the rides. One quick question, are you scared of heights?" My heart starts beating faster than I can keep up with.

"We're not actually going to ride these old rides are we?!" I ask horrified.

"No, I told you to trust me. Just answer the question." I went with my Dad to New York a few times each summer and I was never scared to be up on the highest floor of the skyscrapers. But that's the only experience I've had with heights.