Chapter 14: Chew Your Gum

Gum P. O. V.

I breathed in sharply. My body was shaking with annoyance from these girls that I was probably stuck with for life. “Can you guys hurry up? Dammit!” I called out to Charlotte and Lucy. Lucy was fine with walking, but Charlotte was slow because of all the food she just had, which was ribs. I told her not to eat a whole dozen, but she didn't want to listen. I groaned it's going to take us forever to get to wherever she wants to go.

“Shut up Gum! That's why your new hairstyle makes you look like a boy,” she teased and taunted me with a smug look on her face. “Ugh, leave me and my new hairstyle alone you fucking dinosaur,” I hissed. 

“What?!” she yelled, and then she got up off her lazy ass and started walking at a fast pace. Lucy rolled her eyes, “So now she wants to walk. I'm so sick of holding her up when she gets stomach aches from eating too much,” she mumbled to herself. We were walking through the dark allies, so we wouldn't be noticed. We were still walking at a normal pace while Charlotte was doing her own thing, and then she started running. I looked up only to see the high school finally coming into my sight. Charlotte yelled at us saying “Yeah, we're here! Now let's find that teacher.” She smiled. 

“What teacher is she talking about again?” Lucy asked me. I sighed and explained to her, “Some teacher named Ms. Shirley.” 

“Why are we even doing something stupid like this for Charlotte?” She asked lazily. “Because, Charlotte is in our colt, and you know how we colt members always have each other's back.” I retorted. We were only stalking this 'Ms. Shirley' person because Charlotte feels like she is a threat to Taiga. She explained to me and Lucy that on her first day at the school she felt Ms. Shirley eyes on her during the whole day. The teacher is friends with Taiga so that could be another problem. Anyway, Charlotte feels very cautious at the moment. We were across the street from the school, staring at the windows to see if any lights were on. If they were then we would have to use memory dust on the humans inside. Luckily, we only saw one on, which we hoped was Ms. Shirley's classroom.

“Alright everyone got their potions ready?” Lucy asked Charlotte and me. 

“Yeah, let's leave it in our pockets. Charlotte goes for the spells; I go for the martial arts.” 

I explained the plan to Lucy and then turned to Charlotte and said, “Lucy, use the dark magic to injure the teacher. You use your spells to trap and paralyze her. I use the energy balls if needed.”  

Charlotte raised an eyebrow at me, “How come I only get to trap her?” 

“Because, we shouldn't all be attacking her at once.” I sugar coated, but what I wanted to say was 'Because, you're too damn sloppy.' Or clumsy but both of them describe her. She opened her mouth to talk again but I gave her a look that said, 'shut up.' So, she continued putting potions into her pocket. Lucy had her crescent moon staff. It was very thin and the same length as her arm. I had my dark violet leather gloves on to make my hand movements easier. Charlotte didn't need anything but her spells and potions.

“Let's go already,” Lucy hissed, and we walked faster. When we were at the front doors I turned to Charlotte.