Chapter 2: Closer

Taiga P.O.V
I was thinking: Should I really erase Triela memories on my true identity and what powers I have? Things began to fill my mind: Will she tell anyone? What was I thinking when I decided to tell her my secret? Am I being unreasonable? But that's where Hei came in, and I had a pretty good idea on how I was going to use her mind. I went to my seat in class and sat down, not even paying attention to Triela throughout the whole period. Who was she to judge me! She had no idea of what I was going through, while she was rich and quite lonely-I had to deal with defending myself almost every week. It wasn't my fault though; if mother and father were here with me today, then I wouldn't have to deal with most of this work companionless.

When class was ultimately over, I left school early because of my work with Hei. Maybe killing this so called "Juni" won't be so hard I guess. I pulled out my phone and called one of coworkers from my cosmetology job, telling them that I had a family formal to attend, so they had to understand why I wasn't coming in today. I couldn't exactly tell them the truth. I guess that's why I was antsy about Triela. At any moment a Flare Queen could come over to the human world just to confront me. The Queens watch over us soldiers. So if we mess up, we're going to have to answer to the queens. When I got home I quickly got ready to get my guns loaded since this was a gang, maybe I won't need it but I'll still bring them just in case.

۞

Taiga was moving about in her apartment. Taiga never let anyone come over to her house; not even Triela. The only people allowed in the places where she slept were people of the magical dimension and her client Hei. Taiga took out her illusionist spell book out of her closet. Her illusionist spell book is actually alive. It spoke to her in battle or sometimes when she needed it. When you're a magical being almost everything speaks to you in the most mysterious ways.

Taiga's illusionist spell book has a name, Willy. The book is red with devil horns, and a silver human skull attached at the top of the book. Taiga strolled over to her wooden cabinets where she kept all of her small and medium-sized weapons in. She has knives in glass cases while her large knives would be in a utensil holder. Taiga put on her green cloak that covered her whole school uniform; it covered the front and back of her body with a long turtleneck that covered half of her face so that no one could see her true identity.

۞

Hei's POV
I was conversing with a few witches on video chat since I was feeling anxious about Taiga's mission. Juni isn't strong but the person that is in higher ranks than her is. I waited patiently for Mammon to join the chat, and when I finally saw her face I couldn't help but see that she seemed so stressed out. She's been working for days.

"Hey Mammon, I think I might want another Flare assisting my illusionist Taiga," I said whilst smiling at her. She sighed tiredly as her blonde curls brushed against her forehead.

"Fine, I'll send Cube there," she responded sorely-she seemed tired. But dare I ask if she was alright..? Nope. I heard Cube gasp in the background and then I saw tall figure run toward Mammon's computer screen. "Is that Hei!" She crashed into Mammon and held on to her tired body tightly. Mammon groaned and rolled her eyes restlessly at Cube-then she sank her head into Cube's chest. "Hei, tell Cube to stop I haven't gotten enough sleep for days!" Mammon yelled into Cube's ear but Cube pushed her head away from her in response.

"Hei will I be able to see your girlfriend, or should I say lover?" Cube said while smiling flirtatiously. I rolled my eyes, "Whatever you say, just get your ass over there and help Taiga."