There was a thick awkwardness in the room, neither of us saying anything. To avoid such an uncomfortable situation, I asked her if she missed her family. I once again cracked a joke and she blushed. My heart was pondering at the sight of her blushing. It was my first time feeling something like this. There is the thing worrying me that was if she ever had a special friend. You all know what I mean. The thought of her friendly with any male friend made by blood boiled. So without thinking twice, I asked her if she had a boyfriend. The situation was awkward as hell. She didn’t reply and continued sipping on her coffee. I apologize to her for asking her such a question. Her face shows a mask of anger, disappointment, and pain. She was hell angry. She told me she never had a boyfriend, and she was never interested in it. She told me she doesn’t want to include herself in any haram relationship. 

I was again impressed, but also feeling guilty. I shouldn’t have asked her. She was going towards the door when I held her wrist and apologized for my mistake. She didn’t say a word, and tears welled up in her eyes. I felt so guilty. She was crying because of me. I hurt her. I disappointed her. She didn’t deserve it. I regret it. I want to make her understand that I am sorry. I can’t just force her to understand. I think she needs some time alone. I will talk to her in the evening. I drove my car and was on my way to my firm.

**********

I was not paying attention to the meeting. My mind had wandered to Isha. I missed her. I call Hania to confirm that she is okay. She was trying to be suspicious, but then she told me she is fine. I relived a sigh. It was almost evening when I went home. It was 9:00 pm and everyone had their food. At the dining table, she was silent all the time, making me restless. She didn’t even cut a glance at me. 

I was worried about her. I work on my laptop but look like I can’t concentrate. Then an idea tricked in my head and I called Azeem to my room. He came into the room and asked, “What happened Bhai?” 

“I want to take Hania, isha, and you to Baskin Robbins' ice cream parlor. So get ready, and yeah, don’t tell them I am also coming “, I said in a serious tone. 

He just nodded his head with a smirk. 

I just get ready in my casual and wait in my car. 

*******

Isha P. O. V

The day was not helpful at all just because of him. What does he think of himself? When he was apologizing for his mistakes, a part of me wanted to forgive him. You just can’t think of someone like that. At the dining table, he tried to talk to me, but I successfully avoided him. I was laying on my bed when Azeem barged into my room to ruin my peace. I glared at him and he smirked.

“Get ready fast, we are going for ice cream,” he said excitedly. 

“Azeem, I am exhausted. I don’t want to leave,” I said in an annoyed tone. 

“C’mon, Hania is already ready and you know if I call her then you have to go no matter what “, he said calmly. 

I figure out what he wishes to say. I get ready in 5 minutes. I washed my face and combed my hair. I was walking towards the car when I saw Fahad sitting in the driving seat. I glared at Azeem. 

“I swear, I don’t know he is also showing up “, he blurted. 

“I am not going anywhere “, I said and was walking on my way to my room. He gripped my wrist and asked, 

“Is anything wrong between both of you?”

I didn't want him to suspect me, so I agreed to go. We were near the car when Azeem said, 

“You sit in the front seat, I am comfortable in the back.”, I glared at him. 

“Isha, come in front. Hurry, we are getting late,” Mr. Fahad spoke, smiling at me. Ugh, I hate him. I don’t have many options.

Yeah, I have options. I turned to Azeem and smirked. 

“If you won’t sit in the front seat, then I am not coming “.

He glared at me and sat in the front seat. I sat in the back seat and saw a Hania confused face. I smiled at her and cut a glance at Fahad. He looked pissed off. He started driving.

During the entire ride, Hania and Azeem crack some jokes and I always found Fahad staring at me in the mirror. We arrived at the ice cream parlor. We were seated at the table. Fahad asked us about our choices of ice cream. We informed him and he called the waiter and said, 

“One pistachio ice cream for my brother, one butterscotch ice cream for my sister, and 2 choco brownie ice cream for me and my lady.” I almost choked on my drink and turned to him. There was a deep blushed on my cheek. Hania and Azeem were laughing like hell. 

“I mean... um.. For this lady,”, he stammered. 

I glared at him and he mouthed sorry. The ice cream was served. We ate the ice cream and Hania almost finished it. 

“Bhai, can I get a burger from McDonald’s?”, she asked, pointing at the end of the road. 

Fahad nodded his head and said, 

“Get whatever you want. Azeem accompanied her to McDonald’s”.

They both nodded and went to grab a burger. 

I put my focus on the ice cream, totally ignoring him. He sighed heavily and sat beside me. He takes my hand and bore his eyes into mine and said, 

“I am sorry, Isha. I shouldn’t have asked you such a stupid question. I know what I did was wrong. Can you forgive me? Please. I will do anything you ask. I promise.”

His words caused my heart to flutter. I was playing with my fingers. I thought that Allah is the one to forgive and everyone deserves a second chance. And he realized his mistake.

“It’s okay, I forgave you “, I smiled at him. 

He grinned at me and said,

“Thanks, Isha “.

“I think we should be friends,”, l stated.

His expression changed, and he asked 

“Simply friends ?”

I lifted my eyebrows and asked,

“What else do you want to become ?”

“umm. Best friends,” he quickly said.

I rolled my eyes, and he laughed.

We went to the car and caught up with Hania and Azeem in the McDonald’s. 

The day passed well, is all I can say. I had fun today. I am feeling happy today because we were no more awkward cousins who met after years. We are now friends. 

***