Chapter-34

So, if you look back to the ten last chapters, in nine of them I would probably apologizing for the delay in the update, so I am sure you're already used to this =P

Haha, no seriously. Sorry again. I had my exams and since I am terrible at planning things, I completely failed at trying to type this on time. And also this is kind of the 'all talking' kind of chapter and they are exhaaaaausting to write and I was stuck at million places but at last it's here. Phew!

Aaaan don't get your hopes up, nothing major in the chapter buuuuuuuut there will be in the next one. And it will be a major chapter. You'll see. =D

So enough with me yapping, read on!

Enjoy ♥

------------------------------------------

Few things are as annoying as waking up to a killer hangover in the morning. What's even more annoying is waking up with a hangover in a place that is definitely not your bed.

So you can imagine what kind of confused state my mind was when I opened my eyes and all I saw was something black. I pulled my face up which was smushed against what smelled like leather and had to do a recheck to make sure that I was actually awake and not still dreaming because there couldn't be an alternative explanation as to why I was in the back seat of a car, nestled in a warm blanket. I pulled my head up, straightening my sore back and looked out of the window, and all I could see were the never ending trail of tall trees, standing proudly in their fall beauty.

A tap on the windscreen made me whip my head towards it. My eyebrow rose immediately because on the other side of the screen was Daniel, grinning widely, perched comfortably on the hood of his own car, and waving his hand at me like a kid. I narrowed my eyes, so as to think better how exactly had I ended up in the back seat of Daniel's car.

Okay, so there was Mike's party, I drank a lot, the murderous headache a proof of it, then Daniel came and then we kissed, and then there was Anya and then...

Oh wait.

Hold on, I kissed Daniel!

Again!

Oh my god! Oh my god! Oh my god!

My eyes were wide, and there was a sudden flush of color of my cheeks as it dawned on me. Actually dawned. Like, what now?

"I thought you were going to sleep all day." I turned back to the window, where Daniel now stood. From one look, it was easy to tell that he hadn't slept all night, or maybe it wasn't just one night of sleep that he had abandoned. Eyes a little puffy, hair a tad bit out of place, but the smile on his face anything was but tired.

"Hello?" He waved his hand in front of my unblinking eyes. "All that vodka destroyed your brain cells or something?"

"I'm...confused," I drawled, scratching my forehead.

"Well, nothing new then." He gave his shoulders a careless shrug. Even in my sleepy state, I managed to throw a dark look at him, but it wasn't like he was affected at all by it.

"What's going on?" I took another look of the outside but the brightness of the day made me cringe and I rubbed my forehead. "Where are we?"

Urgh, hangover sucks!

"Maine."

I snapped my head up, eyes wide, jaw unhinged.

What had he just said?

No, it couldn't be right. I've must have heard wrong.

"Where?" I asked, completely sure that it wasn't what I had heard, but when the same answer came back from Daniel, I was proved wrong.