Chapter-43

Hi!!

Sorry again =P

I don't really have anything else to say so read on.

Enjoy ♥

------------------------------------

The entire table was busy talking, like the rest of the people in the cafeteria, the topics of discussion varying from the upcoming basketball season to a funny incident in Mr. Gallager's Spanish class to who got acceptance letter from which college.

"I am telling you, man," Chad bragged, with a smirk. "We are easily going to crush those Panthers."

"Tigers," Daniel corrected, his thumb running circles on my palm.

"Tigers, panthers, same difference," Chad waved his hand in dismissal with a frown.

"And people say I am dumb," Mike chuckled.

"Oh, that you're," Shay piped in, nodding.

"Don't get so cocky," Liam said to Chad and then turned to rest of his teammates. "Our shooting guard still has a half assed healed wrist, we lost two out of five warm up matches and you have been doing nothing except being a sucking This is not gonna be easy."

"Hey, I am perfectly ready to play!" Daniel protested, intertwining his fingers with mine now.

"Oh, really? Tell that to the scoreboard where I haven't been seeing any points being scored lately!" Liam yelled, his hands moving in the air.

"What did you have for breakfast, Liam?" Daniel asked. "Kellorgs K with extra crankiness?"

Liam scowled as the rest of us snickered.

"Whatever, I am sure you we will thrash them," Shay said patting Liam on his back, as he snaked his arm around Shay's waist, his scowl dissolving away.

I raised my eyebrow, surprised Shay's sudden interest in talking about the game.

"Yeah, I mean we have had hundreds of games with them, we know their every game plan like the back of our hands," Liam said, proudly, the bits of his half chewed pizza visible as he talked.

"Yep, you guys know their every player, even every cheerleader for heaven's sake," Shay said, and then turned to Daniel. "Right, Daniel? How many of them did you score with last season? Four, right?"

I felt my heart move with a sudden 'thud'.

So that was what she was getting into.

It didn't even take the air of enthusiasm that was there around the table to be ousted by a sudden onset of awkwardness and it settled it even further as Shay just shrewdly kept a sharp gaze on Daniel and he replied with an icy glare.

That was the thing about Shay, you could never tell how quickly her outlook on anything could change, because just a day ago she seemed to be happy about me and Daniel, but what the cold look in her eyes said clearly that she wasn't anymore. I didn't put much thought into figuring out the reason for her one eighty degree spin. I had more important things to handle right now.

Shooting Daniel one last glance, Shay turned to me. "What? Don't look at me like that. I am just giving away info to let you know him better."

"Well, then it's a good thing that he has got Norah now, right? More girls for me," Mike piped in, his voice playful, bearing a contrast to the heaviness that was on everyone's face. "So anyhow, when do we leave for the camp today?"

I shot Mike a grateful look and he replied with a curt nod. As everyone else started buzzing about the new topic, I felt Daniel's hold around my hand getting tighter. He had his eyes aimed straight down on the table. Making sure that no eyes were on us, I nudged him with my shoulder and made a silly face to wipe off the frown tagging on his lips. He gave me a small smile but it didn't reach his eyes.