Chapter-30

Hi! Remember me? You probably don't. I am so so so so so extremly sorry for the delay. I was busy building a robot. I am not kidding. I actually was building one and it took so much of my time that I was unable to write. But I promise there won't be any more such long breaks between the future chapters.

So anyway, please click the external link to see the totally amazeballs cast banner Effat made for this story. I tried to post it on the side but it's not working so I'll try again in the next one but I still loved it a lot! Thank you so much Effat. I love you♥

I apologize for the errors in the chapter. I was in a hurry to post but I'll edit soon.

---------------------------------------------------

In the previous chapter-

My eyes were droopy, opening and closing after every few seconds. I wanted to sleep and maybe wake up to a better reality.

"I-I don't wanna lie anymore," I kept repeating, wishing to just fall asleep quickly.

"I-I," the words were now getting hard to form and just as I was about to fall completely on the ground, I felt two arms enclose me in them, holding me up again.

"Shh, it's okay. Don't cry," a voice whispered.

"Nathan?" I tried to open my eyes, fighting the sleep that was taking over.

"Yeah, it's me, little bird. I'm here. Go to sleep."

Nathan's presence somehow always had a calming effect on me and within a matter of a few seconds I was slipping into a peaceful sleep.

 Nathan was here. Everything was going to be alright now. He would make everything all right.  

-------------------------------------------

"Imagine there's no heaven

It's easy if you try

No hell below us

Above us only sky

Imagine all the people

Living for today..."

If it would have any other morning; I would have loved for that song to go on. Trust me, I would have. Really, but right now, it was a nuisance because my head was spinning like a wheel and the voice of the singer was, to put it bluntly, just terrible.

"Why are you trying to make the soul of John Lennon cry so early in the morning?" I commented, peeking out of my warm comforter, trying to let in as less of the bright sunlight to reach my eyes.

"This is how I wake sleepy heads in the morning now," Nathan answered, walking to my side of bed. "Rise and shine, little bird. You've already missed half of the periods."

Since I was in a half delirious state, I was still dubious if Nathan actually was there. I took a few seconds to register his appearance. His dark brown hair was pushed back which had grown a little since the last time I saw him. He was wearing pale blue hoodie over black denim which made him look younger than he actually was. 

I closed my eyes again, covering my face with the comforter again. "No, thank you. School has been fun but I think I am done with it now. Like forever."

"Either you're going to school or I am gonna start singing again. I swear to Lord Vishnu." 

"Just let me sleep in today, you wicked witch."

"I would but then what would be the fun in that?" Nathan almost sang in his way-too-happy-for-this-early-in-the-morning-voice. "Now get up. Aren't you excited to see me, little bird?"