Chapter-25

Dedicated to xCheekyByotch for her amazing support to this story. She's an amazing person to talk to and I am grateful to have you as a friend here on wattpad. Plus, she's an OTH fan! 

Hi!

So this chapter is almost one week late and I am sorry about that. I started my classes again and they are taking all my time. =(

But anyway, I was really excited to read your reaction about the last chapter. Thank you every one for your comments. ♥

I am gonna start posting the pictures of the rest of the cast from now. On the side is Mike---->

------------------------------------------------------------- 

I took a breath, and for the fifth time tried to apply the mascara with my shaky hands only to have it smear it more badly this time.

Damn you Sephora!

For the last twenty six hours, my mind was a mess. I couldn't focus on anything else, except on the ultimatum that my dad had given me yesterday.

Till Christmas.

I don't think any person had ever dreaded Christmas as much as I was.

Another thing that had me all anxious was the 'random' call by my grandma in which she had told dad how one of her neighbors were thinking of selling their spare apartment.

Where was the apartment you ask?

In New York City.

Coincidence? I think not.

Propping the mascara applicator on the vanity table, I made myself inhale and exhale several times. I was already late for the dance, and still was no where near ready.

Taking one last glance at the wall clock, I started re doing my make up again. After twenty minutes, I had managed to make myself almost presentable for the dance with my champagne pink dress, that cinched around my waist with flowery embellishments and then descended to my knees in layers of net.

Because it wasn't looking like my day, I decided to skip on doing some complicated hair do and settled on keeping my slightly wavy hair down with just a bejeweled clip to keep it from going completely wild.

I was afraid that dad might give Sebastian his stinky eye if he came to pick me for the dance, so I had asked him to meet at the school. And since my car had broken down in the morning, I was left with the option of asking my dad for a ride.

After making sure that my clutch had everything that I might need, I minced out of my house in my higher than usual heels, and then pelted towards my dad's car to escape the light drizzle that was growing gradually stronger.

It rained a lot in this town.

The ride to school was pretty much silent save for a few trivial topics that had the life span of only couple of minutes. The ending part of Neon Trees' Animal was audible from the gate of the school as I climbed down from the car and was exposed to the arctic wind of outside.

"Call me when you're ready to leave," Dad said, stooping in his seat to look at me.

"Okay."

Making an effort not to slip on the wet ground, I made a beeline towards the school gymnasium.

It seemed like I was extremely late because almost the entire student body of the school thronged the place, shimming up every possible corner. The over hanging decoration and lights had managed to completely transform the gymnasium to make it look like an actual ballroom.