Chapter-22

Dedicated to nora_serreqi for her comments, support and her suggestion for a recap. Thank you so much.  ♥

There is no recap in this chapter because I didn't need for it in this chapter but I'll include a short recap in the next chapters. =)

Anyway, read and enjoy. I hope you like it!

----------------------------------------------------------------

Have you ever woken up feeling like you have no idea where you are, who you are or heck which year you are in? I have. I was comprehensively submerged in a dreamless sleep, when something vibrating under my feet woke me up.

Rubbing my eyes, I plucked my phone which was stuck between the fold where the headrest and the seating of the couch met.

It was a text. But as soon as I started to read, the battery went dead.

Just my luck.

I tossed it back, and pulled the blanket closer to me. The concrete driveway was wet indicating that another pour had washed down not long ago but now after a long while, the sky looked free from heavy clouds. There was still no sign of sun but at least the freedom from greyness was a good thing.

"A penny for your thoughts? Five bucks if they are dirty."

"Sorry, my thoughts aren't that cheap," I retorted, twisting my body to face the door of the house, where Daniel was leaning against the frame. His hair was falling on his forehead and his eyes twinkling, making his boyish charm obvious. The white shirt he had yesterday was creased and now he looked much casual than before.

He smirked and wiggled his eyebrows. 

"So they were dirty. You dreamed about me, didn't you? I expected more from you, butterfly." He shook his head in disapprobation.

"Just when I think you couldn't get any more cocky, you just glide in and prove me wrong," I countered, clicking my tongue.

"Oh, you poor child, was that a comeback? Have you learned nothing from me?" he answered back, glibly.

I rolled my eyes at him. "I thought you must have left."

"And left you out here? Alone?" He asked incredulously. "By the way, don't make it a habit of sleeping outside. It's not safe."

"I won't," I answered quickly. "So where did you sleep?"

"I didn't. I just sat and stared at you. I like watching you sleep. It's fascinating," he replied, shrugging with mock seriousness.

"So you are finally embracing your Edward Cullen persona," I said, aghast, and it earned a chuckle from him. "No, but seriously. Did you sleep at all?"

"I did. In your room. Right after I looked through all your cabinets," he replied and my eyes went wide. "Oh, and by the way your notebook with Mrs. Norah Cohen scribbled all over is kind of creepy. Don't you think?"

Making a dead pan face, I picked up a cushion from the couch and threw at him but of course he caught it with no problem.

"Is this gonna be your behavior after we get married? Domestic violence?" He questioned, hysterically. "Fine! I'm taking our kids and leaving. They are not going to grow up in a house where their parents fight all the time!"

"You're an idiot, Daniel," I stated, giving him a disapproving look. "And by the way, I don't have any such notebook."

"So you say but I saw what I saw," he nimbly argued.

I scoffed and my eyes fell to his phone lying on the wooden patio chair. 

"You slept on that, didn't you?" I pointed towards the chair.