Chapter-44

Soooooooo, I actually can't recall the last time I updated. Sorry *insert my extremely sheepish apologetic smile here*

Please forgive meeeeeeee.

For anyone still remaining with this story, thank you guys. So this is a long chapter so I hope it compensates for like a teeny tiny bit for the super duper extra long hiatus. But it's not the chapter I planned, more like a very important filler to tie the loose ends. So that means next chapter would be fun to write!! (which I hope I would be posting next week) I am excited. =D

Enjoy ♥

———————————————————

With narrowed eyes, I inspected the fresh coat of paint on the wooden prop bridge and deciding that the glacial blue color looked a little odd, I dipped the paint brush into the paint can in my hand, whirled it inside for a while and then applied another thick coat of the previous one.

There. Much better.

While I continued to paint all over the wooden prop, I felt my phone buzzing in my pocket a few times and then stop as they went to my voicemail.

"Hey, Norah, I am gonna leave, okay? My dad's here. I'll see you tomorrow." I turned around at the sound of Ariel Benson's voice. She and I were heading the entire committee for this winter formal.

I gave her a small smile. "Yeah, sure. Bye."

I got back to applying my final coat for the bridge as her ballet flats made a soft tapping noise against the wooden floor, an announcement that I was now the last person in the hall and probably the last student in the entire school too. Shaking the cold feeling that came with the realization of being completely alone in the silent school, I tried going back to working.

Once the paint job of the bridge was done, I walked over to the tables where hundreds of blue sparkle covered tiny pine cones lied in cardboard boxes. Picking one of them, I slid a plastic string into the holes, made at the top of them, along with the plastic pearl strings.

"Thought you'd still be here." I almost jumped at the sound of Daniel's voice which was followed by an echo. "Called you a few times. You're ignoring me or what?"

There wasn't a trace of anger in his voice. Infact it was way too cheery and light, considering how have been treating him lately.

"I am not ignoring you. I've just been a little busy," I said, keeping my eyes down to the decorations in my hands, making it look I was too occupied.

"Hmm, so you've been," he trailed off as he took a step towards me and left a quick kiss on my forehead. I smiled as he pulled back. "So when will you be done?"

"Umm, I don't know, I still have to get these strings up and the light tree needs to be set up, the lighting needs to be done and Melonie said she was going to help with paper snowflakes but she's down with the flu so I've to do that myself. And the tulle deco-"

Daniel cut me off, "Okay, woah, calm down. Take it a little easy. You still have a whole week to go." He pushed back the hair hanging in front of my eyes and tucked it behind my ear. I shivered internally at his touch. It felt as if I was missing him while he was right in front of me.

"Yeah, well, one week is not enough," I replied in almost a murmur and turned around to pick some more pine cones.

Why was I doing this to him? He didn't deserve this.

"You should have called me if you needed help. Staying all by yourself so late at school isn't a good idea." I could hear the worry so clear in his voice and somehow it irked me. It angered me why he had to be so nice to me when I had been a jerk to him lately. I wasn't worthy of his concern.