Chapter - EIGHTEEN

Start from the beginning

I'own know why she acting salty for. All I said was Maya got a nice ass? Damn. Females these days, I aint never gon understand em. 

* * * 

[Maya POV]

 I had to get the hell outta here. I just wanted to  get back to my friends and my soon to be husband Devon. Damn I miss him so much. When I see him, I swear I'm going to do things to him, that I would never speak aloud. My heart was frantically throbbing in my chest, and I prayed that this all goes well.

I wash my hands in the bathroom, even though I didn't even go. I watched the few ladies in the room, enter and then leave. A small girl crying, because she has a piece of toilet paper stuck onto her shoe. Damn kids will cry about anything! Aint never satisfied!

I swipe my curls from my forehead, and take a deep breath. I begin to feel a little woozy. I grip the stainless steel counters, and try to hold myself upright.

What the hell is going on with my body, now?

"Are you okay?" An old lady croaks out, just as she dries her hands off.

I manage a small nod. She gives me a sympathetic look, and leaves without a backward glance.  I inhale slowly, my head pounding. I don't know what's going on. But I feel a flashback reoccuring..

*FlashBack*

"Daddy, can we please go into Build-A-BEAR?!" I jump up and down excitedly. Daddy smiles and picks me up, and lifts me on his shoulder.

"Okay Maya... but only ONE stuffed animal this time."

"Yay" I pump my fists in the air. I turn my head to look for my Mommy, but I don't see her.

"Dad where's Mom?" I ask. My Dad just laughed, "She's in the bathroom, so quit worrying."

I listened to what he said. Because everyone knew I was a Mommy's girl, more than a Daddy's girl. I got my bear, which I ended up calling Carrot, because it was a blue bunny with white  stars on it. It  had an all orange outfit, with pink shoes... that I picked out myself.

After we registered the bear, Dad packed it up in its cardboard house. I told him to put me down so I can carry it.

"You sure it's not too heavy?" He asks.