Chapter - FIFTEEN (Maya's Memoir)

• Dedicated to The people reading

A/n: Hey yall make sure you check out my other story, 'Love you everyday like Feb'. I like writing that story lol and even though not many people aren't reading it, I still will continue to write it. I know yall been waiting for an update like crazy so here it is. Do me a favor, vote and comment; vice versa. Excuse me for any errors you may see.

 A BIG THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO IS READING. COULDN'T HAVE DONE IT W/O YOU I READ ALL YOUR MSGS. LOVE YOU GUYS, WILL GET TO YALL COMMENTS SOON!

[Maya Pov]

Pow! Pow! The blood splattered onto the concrete ground, like paint onto a white canvas. He glanced at his childhood friend, as the bullet  sunk into his chest. His childhood best friend, was surprised as the bullet sunk into his chest, and then to his heart.  His eyes flew closed, taking in his last breath. He was gone. Forever. No hope. No future. No tucking in his daughter and son anymore into the blankets that swallowed their bodies up. No more kissing his girlfriend. No more I love yous. Nothing. Soon though, his own childhood best friend, was shot and killed next to him.

When you lose someone you love and care about, it’s hard to cope with them leaving you. And I don’t mean, they go to the store and come back with a gallon of milk. No. I’m talking about the type of leaving, that’s permanent. You’re probably guessing that it’s divorce, but you’re wrong. It’s death.  They say, “Things end. But memories last forever.” And quite frankly, that’s true because honestly the only memory I’ve had of my father before his death was him taking me and my brother to Mcdonalds. Crazy how you try to put all of your emotions down deep within yourself. It’s not something that anyone should have to go through.

I was only six years old and in kindergarten. I was thinking about watercolors and excited to meet the new kids who were equally excited. I rushed with my Aunt, who I lived with at the time, (and still still do) and she was eagerly recording me, with a proud smile on her face. Isn’t it interesting how we remember the littlest details of our lives?  And yet it’s so quick and easy for death to be just around the corner. Now, don’t get me wrong I still to this day remember the funeral of my Father. I remember my father clad in a black and white tux, his lips pursed and his eyebrows arched as if he was angry. He chose the life and as some people say, “I didn’t choose the thug life, the thug life chose me.” I will never know the reason for my Father joining a gang. Maybe he wanted to fit in. Maybe, he thought he was tough. Either way the bullet  took him and his childhood best friend, and he left his kids in pain.

Even though, you’re probably thinking that this is such a tragedy, and  I feel so bad. Well, don’t feel bad for me because I don’t need anyone’s pity and honestly it made me realize a couple of things. Such as the cliche point of enjoying life, and living it to the fullest. But I always didn’t enjoy life like I do now. I used to hate going to School, because the people were so mean. I mean, like teasing and picking on you mean. Even the Teacher, a person who was suppose to help me exceed at my studies, didn’t even like me. At one point she made me cry, my so called friends made me cry, (given that if you were to give one of these kids a cookie, they automatically become your friend). It was something that I was sick of.  

I remember that there was this little boy who was a few months older than me: his name was Aiden. He bullied me to the extreme, and I didn’t stand up for myself. How could I? The weight of my fathers death was still fresh in my mind even after a couple long months after it. This kid didn’t know me, but because of my speaking incapabilities, how was I suppose to tell this jerk to leave me alone?  The kid put words into my mouth that I didn’t even say. I had a friend named Charlotte a plus sized girl, with blonde hair and blue eyes. She was nice to me and I was nice to her. One day, Aiden came in his hair was disheveled as always,  started picking on me, like he always did, by calling me names. Charlotte had gotten up when the teacher had called her name. Once Charlotte came back Aiden spoke up, ¨Ḧey Charlotte, Tashi said that you were fat.¨ There was a huge pause, and Charlotte looked at me with her eyes watering.