Chapter - Twenty THREE

A/n: They were very correct when they say your life gets busier as you age lol. I'm glad ya'll stuck with me so far. Continue to read, write, and vote. How are you guys feeling about this story? Thinking it's going to slow. Follow me on instagram: prettygangordie. Or feel free to kik me:loversaddiction (tell me who you are). 

Anyways, thanks for being amazing followers. I'm so happy that I've gained a lot in the past couple of months. Ya'll  the real MVP.

BTW I saw Tyga, Chris Brown, Jeremiah & Trey Songs on 2/28/15 Front row... amazing! (:

[Maya]

I wipe at my tears and Mecca stares at me with concern on her face.

"You sure you okay?" She asks, unsure whether to hug me or not. I nod my head and smile through my blurry eyes.

"Yeah I'm fine."

***

2 weeks later

****

It was Valentine's Day. The day where all of the couples got together and did whatever they wanted. What was I suppose to do on a day like this? I was still unsure of Devon and where our relationship was headed towards. Mecca decided that we needed to go out and have some fun, but I didn't know why she wanted to hang out with me. I mean yeah we cool and all, but shouldn't she be spending time with her daughter or boyfriend?

I still didn't know what to do about my previous kidnapping and I needed to find answers, but right now I needed a break from all of this mystery, thug shit.

I peer into the mirror, worry lines were present on my brown skin. I grab some red lipstick and add it gently to my lips. Eyeliner, and mascara followed after.

I was weairng a pair of black stretchy yogas and a pale crop top sweater that glistened in the light of the room. I inhaled and  capped all of the makeup together, and added a nice necklace. I had cut my  hair two inches, and every strand of hair that fell got me crying. #BlackPeopleProblems.

Devon used to say I looked better with Short hair, but that's not that reason I had cut it.

Andre was still at the house though, I could tell he was either worried about me or maybe about his career, if his bossman didn't find out. But we confiscated his phone, and he ended up getting a new one. He promised he was done with his "dirty ways," but we didn't believe him yet. I still needed to regain my trust. I mean he kidnapped me! And I still didn't have all the answers I needed, but I suppose that would come in due time.

Devon came in the house, but didn't sleep with me in our bedroom. I'm guessing he slept in a different bedroom, but he would be gone a lot. I don't know where or what he was doing.