Chapter - THIRTY

a/N: That awkward moment when you haven't updated in like three months. Yep, School does that to you! Especially since it's my last year. Alright now enough chit chatting the queen on writing is back! Who missed me? I know ya'll did. Anyways back to it. Let's get back into the story/ 

Recap: Maya and her set it off crew has just left North Carolina back to their hometown...chicago. Josh has said some interesting things to Maya about how Devon isn't really who he seems. And that has got Maya thinking. Devon is up to his own dirty deeds, and poor Trisha is still dead. Mecca seems to be the new replacement for Trisha so it seems. So without further ado, let's hop back into the story!

[Maya Pov]

Getting home feels great. I haven;t realized how much I missed Chicago. The music, the food..damn especially the food. I mean not get me wrong..North Carolina is chill but it has nothing on Chiraq. It took me a few weeks to get settled in. This time is was just a simple condo that was reallly...big enough for me and only me.  I don't really talk to Devon much anymore..considering the simple fact of him trying to brainwash me. I mean I'm not that fucking stupid. I know something was up from the get-go I just didn't know what.

I was pacing around my bedroom trying to think of anything..(and I mean anything), that could lead me to realize what Devon was up to. He was hiding something and that is for sure.  I just didn't know what it was. And I really don't know if I even want to know for that matter. It's crazy the person you thought you knew, you really didn't know them at all. And that's the fucked up part about it.

Josh decided that he was going to go and do something about it. And I guess he wanted me to come along for the ride. Now I really don't know what Devon is planning but I know that it has to be something big. I'm scared shitless because I don't know what's going through his fucking head, but what you do in the dark will eventually come into the light. I'm not sure if I'm ready, but I have to be.

Being kidnapped like this would leave a mental strain on anyone. It's normally something no one in their fucking life goes through. I just could not believe that things have been changing so drastically as they would. Good thing I had put that tracker on Devon¨s fucking car or else we would have been screwed.

Josh and I wasted no time. We waited approx ten minutes before jumping into a Sleek 2012 toyota (just so we would not look suspicious rolling around in a fucking 100,00 dollar car). 

Ïḿ kinda nervous about this I must admit." I tell Joshua leaning back into the scratchy seats.

He didnt respond but simply turned up the radio and Jermih's soft voice played through the speakers.  I guess he was just as nervous as I was.

We followed the tracker on my phone to Devonś location. It began to drizzle slowly outside and a streak of lightning flashed across the sky. My heart was thumping in my chest and we pulled up a few blocks away from where we saw Devonś car parked. We watched him as he slowly looked around and for a second I thought he saw me and so I ducked down slowly. Thankfully he did not.