In-Laws 3000

Peter was kidnapped by HYDRA from 12-14, he is 15 now and has been home for a little over a year. 

Nobody knows really besides the Avengers. 

HYDRA flashback

Verbal assault 

Peter is adopted (insults about adoption as well)

Fluff at end :)

Panic attacks 

...

Peter is back. 

But not really. 

He isn't as happy as he used to be, but who can blame him?

Sometimes he cracks his old smile and laughs from his chest, but not nearly as much. He usually just sticks beside Tony, Pepper, Bucky, Steve, or Natasha. He still loves all of the other Avengers but is always by one of the others. 

The Avengers are nothing but supportive of him but he still struggles, and again no one blames him. Hecky, Bucky is still recovering too. An even as traumatic as that is hard to completely recover from. All of the Avengers understand that, and so does Peter. 

To help avoid any triggers of the harrowing time he has been through, they created a list. A list of everything that they should not say or do around Peter. For the most part, the Avengers have been really good at avoiding everything but that's not to say he doesn't have at least one panic attack a day. They all know how to help with that too. 

Peter is sitting on the couch with a bowl of crackers and a book. After he got back Peter much-preferred books over TV. They seem more realistic than some TV shows sometimes. 

"Hey, Peter," Pepper says sitting down next to her son, "My parents are coming over tomorrow. If you don't feel comfortable with them you can stay in your lab and we'll tell hem your busy. I won't be mad and completely understand." The mother lays a hand on Peters' knee as he doesn't like being touched on the shoulder. A huge scar runs from his shoulder to his hip, smaller ones all around it. 

"No... That's ok. I think I can handle it. They are my grandparents after all," Peter responds. Pepper nods and stands back up to clean the floor and cook to prepare for her parents. 

Pepper loves her parents, but hey are also rather unsupportive, annoying, and she'd rather not have them over to her house because of the relentless criticism they will giver her, 'Is that a spec of dust?' and 'This cake is a little dry, next time...' or 'Do you really need all of this stuff?'

It took about a week to mentally prepare herself for seeing them, to bad she only had one day. 

Tony didn't like his in-laws either, they disapproved of him and picked on every mistake he made which only triggered his anxiety and PTSD. However, he knew that Pepper didn't like it any more than he did so helped her get everything ready. 

The couple put up with a lot of shit from Pepper's mom, dad, and sisters. The only thing they did not put up with was when they criticized Peter. They have discretely in the path, and they are both most worried about what is going to happen now. 

They didn't tell them about HYDRA because they would probably just blame it on Tony and say he is an awful farther. Tony already felt that every time he looked at his son, he didn't need someone else telling him that. That also would make Peter furious. Nobody wants that either. 

...

The morning approached too quickly for everyone's liking. Around 8:00 Tony went to wake Peter up so he would have time to get ready and prepare to see his extended family.