Gone Viral

Peter sat in his seat, his chin resting on his hands. The classroom was warm and smelt of teenagers and disinfectant wipes. The date is January 3rd. The day Peter has been dreading for nearly a week. His final project in Video production is due. It's about half his grade and he's been working on it for months. He made a video of the behind-the-scenes of Academic Decathalon. He interviewed Ned, MJ, and Betty and cut some clips together of thier practice, team dinners, and meets. 

The other videos were good, most of the other kids picked thier favorite sports team and put together a promo video of sorts. He almost lost it when Flash made a promo video for the one and only Spider-Man. Not going to lie, Peter kind of liked it. There was some rock and roll music Tony would like in the background while Spider-man swung around the city and fought crime. There were even a few clips of him fighting with the Avengers. 

Even some footage of stuff he doesn't remember doing. In any case, Peter felt a little weird that Flash spent so much time looking at him and watching him, but oh well. 

After Betty's video came to an end it is Peter's turn. He turned his video on Google Classroom and 11:58 pm, literally seconds before the deadline. He'd spend every moment of free time the past few weeks editing it together when he wasn't out being an Avenger. 

When the video started playing, Peter's heart dropped to his chest. Thier were talking but it wasn't MJ's. It was the voice that could only ever belong to one person: Tony Fucking Stark. 

"Th-this is the wrong video!" Peter exclaimed from his seat. 

To his relief, the teacher stopped the video, "Sorry Peter, it's the one you turned in." His heart fell again and he sunk in his chair as the teacher played the video that he realized was from Tony's suit. His counselor told him it would be good to watch the events of Infinity War back, it might help him become less scared of what happened. 

It started in the park when Peter first met up with Tony, the fighting was pretty intense and a few people in the class flinched when the heroes got thrown around. After a while it cut to them on the flying donut, he could hear his conversation with Mr. Stark and sunk into his seat more when the video showed him pulling off his mask to try and breathe. 

His class gasped and stared at him. 

Peter's heart rate spiked and he tried desperately to keep his panic down. But it didn't work too well, it felt like he was in an endless cycle of thoughts and he couldn't get out. He was spiraling. The remainder of the trauma from the video didn't really help much either. 

Next, he was on Titan and when Thanos appeared, the kid's heart leaped into his throat and his whole body was convulsing. Forget that his entire class is staring at him, he is reliving his worse nightmare in the entire world. Did he mention that his counselor's suggestion didn't help shit?

He watched as Thanos stabbed Tony like a rage doll and as Dr. Strange gave up the stone. In the video, unmasked Peter, ran towards his mentor dropping down beside him. 

"Mr. Stark? Sir, are you ok?" 

Iron-Man just nodded but pulled the kid into a tight hug, "Love you, Pete," he whispered just loud enough for the class to hear. In the video, Peter's eyes widened but he shakily responded. 

"Really kid I just professed my fatherly love for you and you still call me Mr. Stark?" 

Peter's eyes widened at the fatherly part and Tony laughed, "Yeah, kid, you practically live at the tower your basically my son." 

Peter didn't respond just hugged his mentor again. 

Peter squeezes his eyes shut but can't help but stare at the screen. He can feel himself being shredded into a million pieces as he watches the scene play out. 

As Peter's face fades away he can just hear the whisper, "Sorry, dad." 

The next scene is five years later at what used to be the Avengers Compound. Orange portals open up in the dark and foggy sky. The class smiles as the Avengers walk out on the screen but then watches in fear as they fight Thanos. They watch in equal parts shock and horror as Peter, thier classmate, takes on Thanos alone. They watch as he clutches the gauntlet close to himself. 

Peter can't keep the tears from running down his face as he knows what is to come. From the video he can see himself running towards his dad, screaming as loud as he can. 

He watches as he makes eye contact with his dad for the last time. The video cuts out to white light. In the video, Peter is sobbing over Tony's body and Pepper comes to say goodbye. To tell him it's ok. 

Peter sobs from his seat, realizing that the second the video went black was the second that Tony Stark died. He doesn't register what is happening around him, he forgets that he is even in class. 

His head snaps up at the sound of a loud crash. He is too out of it to get into a defensive stance but relaxes as soon as he sees Bucky's metal arm. He must've punched the window, obviously making it shatter, and then climbed through. 

He feels an arm on his back and a soothing voice next to him, "You are just fine, Peter. Everything is ok. C'mon, let's get out of here." 

Peter nods and Bucky helps the teen to his legs. He is a little shaky but manages to get Peter to the door. He would've just taken him out of the window so he didn't have to walk through the school but it is a second-story classroom and Bucky didn't want to force him to be Spider-Man right now. 

Before he leaves he addresses Peter's class, "Pepper Potts will pay for the window. If you tell anybody about this you'll have me to deal with and I think you all have seen the news and know what I can do. Also teacher, I just wanted to say you are kind of a dick. Peter told you it was the wrong video and you clearly saw that he was panicking. These were the worst moments of the Kid's life and you just showed his entire class. I want you all to think about what you've done, you should be ashamed. And fuck all of you. Besides you Ned, you are nice. And you too MJ, you are kind of scary." 

WIth one final glare he leaves and pulls Peter closer to him.