Father And Son

6.8

Peter is 4.

...

Peter walked through the endless hallways in desperate search for his dad. He was playing with his iron-man toy in his bedroom, with FRIDAY's watch. But a lot of things don't last very long. Meaning he was now walking down the hallways sobbing with a broken toy clutched in his hands.

"DADDY!" The little boy cried and walked further down the hallways, he now knew not where he was. He has never seen any of these rooms before. He took a right turn and then backed up against the wall in fear. He dropped to the floor and put his head on his knees and began sobbing. All Peter wanted was his dad, but now he was stuck in a hallway by himself in a tower with one hundred floors and triple as many rooms. To caught up in his fear, the little boy didn't think to ask FRIDAY where he was. Instead, he just continued crying.

He heard a couple of steps in the distance and whipped his head up to see a muscular man with blonde hair. The footsteps stopped for a moment before they continue closer. He heard the crack of the man's knees and trembled slightly.

"Hey, it's ok. My name is Steve Rogers, Captain Amerca. I won't hurt you." The man says in a calming voice. Peter nods slightly, the brown curls falling in his face. Steve masked his confusion and tried to seem as friendly as possible towards the younger kid. "Where are you parents, buddy."

"I-I Don't know...I was playing in my room. Fr-FRIDAY was watching me. Bu-but then I broke my toy and wanted my daddy. But then I got lo-lost," THe little boy says and tries to wipe the tears off of his face as quickly as possible.

"What's your dad's name, son?" The blonde asks a concerned glint in his eye, and still a hint of confusion. At Stark Towers, there are no kids. Everyone who does have kids keep them in a SHEILD safe house so they don't get targeted, and no one else really lives at the tower.

"To-Tony Star-Stark," THe boy respond inbetween small sobs. Steve's eyes widden. Tony Stark? Tony Stark has a kid? Since when! The kid looks to be around four, Tony has been hiding his kid under everyones noses for four years!

"Alright buddy, I'm good friends with your dad I'm sure I can find him. What's your name?" Steve asked trying to push away the shock for the moment and focuss on getting the adorable crying kid his dad so he doesn't have to cry anymore becuase he is to good to be sad.

"Pe-Peter," The boy whispered and looked down at the floor instead of meeting the blue eyes of Captain America. The boy with curly hair had a slight blush on his cheek.

"Ok, Peter. Let's go. Do you want to walk or do you want me to carry you?" The boy looked tiered and they were most likely going to have to walk for awhile. Peter slowly stood up and put his hands up and whispered "up" with a small blush across his face. Steve smiled at the adorable boy and picked him up, he legs wrapped around Steves waist and his arms around his neck. Steve couldn't help but smile at the slightly broken iron-man toy clenched in the boys hands.

...

After walking for awhile, and Steve asking Peter different questions, they finally arrived at the office room that Tony was currently in. Steve knocked on the doors at walked in.

"What do you want Ste-" but then stopped talking as he saw his little boy in Steve's arms.

"DADDY!" The little boy squealed and some of the other men and women sitting around the table gasped slightly. Tony quickly stood up and ran over to where Steve was holding Peter. Once Tony approaced the two, Steve gave the kid over to Tony. He smiled and turned to leave.

"Thank you Mr. Steve Rogers Captain America sir," Steve laughed a little bit at the cute kids name for him.

"No problem. Also you can call me Steve," He responded and then left the room all togehter. Once he left Tony looked down at the face of his son and noticed what looked like tears streaked down his cheeks.

"What's wrong bambino?" Tony asked his son gently running a hand through his son's hair.

"I was pwaying, but th'n my toy br'ke," Peter said and brough his hand up so that Tony could see the small Iron-Man action figure inside of it.

"Oh, buddy, I can fix that easy!" Tony smiled and walked out of the room ignoring the protests of business people behind him. Tony had his son and that is all that matters.

"I wove you daddy," The little boy whispered as he burried his head in the crock of Tony's neck.

"I love you too, Peter." Tony responded and nestled his chin inside of his son's fluffy brown hair and continued walking down the hallway.

That night after Tony read Peter four bed time stories and cuddled with him until he fell asleep, Tony rode the elevator up to Steve's floor to thank him for bringing his kid to him. Steve responded with a simple 'welcome' and then went on a mini rant about how it shouldn't be legal for a little kid to be that cute which just made Tony's heart swell in pride. Due to keeping Peter a secret from the world besides Happy and FRIDAY (and Pepper of course) they never gave him a real god father or mother. Seeing as how much Steve seemed to care for Peter he decided to ask if Steve would be Peter's godfather. Steve couldn't stop smiling for the rest of the week and played with Peter as much as he possibly could.

After a couple months Peter would start calling Steve 'Uncle Steve' and began to feel more and more comfortable. On Friday nights, Peter would curl up next to Tony, his feet either in Steve's lap or in his mom's lap. Pepper usually sat on his left and leaned her head against Tony's shoulder. Steve sat their, but instead of paying attention to the children's movie he looked down at his godson and couldn't stop thinking about how truly blessed he was to have the chance to be in the angels life.