Eyes

Looking him directly in the eye sends shivers your spine. It makes you duck your head in fright and never look in those eyes again.

He no longer smiles. He no longer laughs. He no longer talks. No longer.

His eyes burn with untold stories suffocating him until he can barely breathe. But they allow him to breathe, just enough so he can live. Just enough so he can suffer and so his eyes can continue to burn.

'Stories' is a way to put it that makes everything seem ok. But those 'stories' are horrors echoing around in his mind like two armies waging a war inside him, ripping him apart. But always ceasing just before he breaks. Just enough so he can suffer and so his eyes can continue to burn with horrors.

The depth of the horrors his eyes hold is too deep for anybody to fathom. The weight he carries on his shoulders, to heavy for any single man to lift. Besides himself, therefore he is alone. Alone to the point of craziness.

'Craziness' is a way to put it that makes everything seem better. But that 'craziness' is actually sanity. He is slowly slipping into the dark hole of the insane. One which he will never return. But just as he is about to slip, something inside him stops. And he doesn't fall. But the suffering returns so his eyes can continue to burn with insanity.

It is no longer that anybody tries. They stay away from him. Avert their eyes whenever they come to close. He is alone. Literally alone. He has literally no friends, and literally no family. At least not anymore.

His eyes burn with loneliness and pain. Not that anyone ever sees that. They just see the fire. They see the fire raging within him, but not the logs that created it.

The fire rages so much, so out of control, it threatens to burn him from the inside out. Turning his flesh into ash. But it doesn't, not again. A drop of water controls it long enough to prevent it from burning him. Just enough so he suffers. Just enough so the fire continues to rage on.

If it wasn't for the constant voice in the back of his head putting him down time and time again he would give up altogether. But he can't because of that voice forcing him to keep on going so he doesn't fall into a point of no return. The voice rips his skin apart. But never quite enough not to heal. Just enough so he continues suffering. Just enough so the voice continues.

His voice bubbles in his throat yearning to be heard. Pushing to be heard loud and clear by all. But a net keeps it down, every once and awhile cracking ever so slightly. But never enough to be heard loud and clear. Never enough to be heard. Not enough to stop his suffering. So the yearning continues.

His fingers course with power. Power that he wants to share with the world. No matter his wants there is a forcefield holding his power back. Every once and awhile it cracks. But then it patches itself up as quick as it had happened. Quick enough to not be seen. Quick enough to continue his suffering.

The untold horrors that burn in his eyes stops everyone from looking.

Besides one person. That person approaches him, stares him in his eyes. Pours water on his fire raging inside, cuts open the forcefield, snaps the net and pops the bubble. Power courses out of him. His voice is loud, loud enough for all to be heard. His untold horrors seeping from his eyes being absorbed by all around him. The weight impossible for any one person to carry dividing itself among many. Just enough for the suffering to stop. But not enough to ease every pain.

Now, his eyes burn with something else. Something new.