Bad Dreams

Hey so I originally wrote this for a fanfic contest BUT I read the prompt wrong and I don't really like the prompt after I read it again so enjoy this masterpiece (not really)

WARNING: Tissues may be needed (haha)

.....

They finally beat Thanos. He is gone. 

The other Avengers that turned to dust and I walk into the compound. 

I smile as Bucky and Steve hug. 

As everyone reunites with their friends and family. 

"H-hey, do you know where Mr. Stark is?"

The room goes silent, all attention on me. I shifted uncomfortably under everyone's gazes. 

Steve's eyes turn to a look of pain. He takes a step forward. 

No. 

Please no. 

"He-He, Thanos killed him. I'm sorry son,"

No. No. 

I-I

No. 

The world around me fades away and I am left with numbness encasing my bones. I can't hear anything or feel anything. 

Besides the pain raising up in my chest. The feeling of a knife slicing through my heart. My world breaking around me. 

My knees give out and I am crumpled in a ball on the floor. Tears spill over my eyes and cascade down my cheeks. A whimper and a sob escape my lips. 

He can't begone.

He just can't. 

An image of Thanos standing on a destroyed planet with the gauntlet raised above his head invades my mind. Tony stands in a beaten up ironman suit just in front of him. Thanos brings the gauntlet across Tony's face sending him flying across the planet. Blood leaks out of Tony's face, and his suit is completely gone. His eyes are scared and his chest barely moving. Then his eyes close. And he is gone. 

Another sob escapes my lips. It should have been me. I should've saved him. I should've been them. 

I let out a scream and clutch my head between my hands pulling at the greasy hair. 

He is dead. 

Dead. 

Dead. 

The word echos in my mind over and over and over and over. 

I can't think, I can't move. 

Numb.

It feels as if an icy hand grips my chest preventing me from breathing and replacing all feeling with pain. 

So much pain. 

I hear distance whispers calling my name. 

None of them belong to Mr. Stark. 

None of them belong to my dad. 

And none of them ever will because he is DEAD. 

He is never coming back. 

I will never stay up with him all night in the lab, or watch another movie with him. He will never be in the front row of my wedding,

because he is gone and he is never coming back. 

I fly up with a scream, 

the orange-red terrain of the soul stone coming into view. 

The others that have turned to dust are still sleeping fighting off nightmares of their own. 

It was all just a dream. 

Mr. Stark is alive. 

But yet I don't feel relieved, because I don't know where he is, I don't know if he is ok. 

And the thing is, 

Thanos is still alive. 

Thanos could still kill Mr. Stark. 

No one is safe, and no one will be until Thanos is dead. 

But I am stuck here, in this stone, 

Helpless