Autistic

Requested by Wisegirl38

I'm sorry if I get anything wrong in this chapter relating to autism

Peter is twelve

...

Peter Starks' room is in perfect order, not one thing is out of place. All of his close are either folded nicely in his organized dresser or hung up in his closet. He has a desk on one side with his papers nicely stacked and his laptop plugged into the outlet.

He has three jars, one for pencils, one for pens, and one for markers. Above his desk is his shelf that has small squares in it. In each square he has an object that is important to him, one square holds the first robot he made and the others have held other sentimental items.

He has a bookshelf on the ground alphabetically organized by the author's last name. On the other wall, he has his bed, the quilt and sheets are neatly made and his pillows are leaning against the headboard with his bear in front of it that he got from his Aunt before she died when he was just 5.

If his room isn't in order, he has an anxiety attack. Because of this Tony and Pepper have to keep the whole penthouse as clean as they can, and because Peter isn't a very messy person it isn't extremely hard.

Peter hates school, well, he loves learning and he loves knowledge but he isn't good at picking up social cues and talking to people he doesn't know well. So, if he didn't share a class with Ned he sat in the corner of the room fretting what will happen if someone tries to talk to him or a teacher calls on him.

On top of that, light and sounds if too bright or too loud can cause him to go into sensory overload. He also does some other things that make the kids at school think he is 'weird', like when he repeats phrases over and over or the way he bounces on his feet and loves pressing buttons or flipping switches.

...

When Peter got back from school, he neatly put away his backpack and grabbed his bear. He walked to the couch and after finding out his Dad was in a meeting he turned on the tv and smiled when The MIddle came on.

In the show, Frankie was enjoying her patio when the annoying neighbors interrupted her piece and Sue and her best friend Lexi got 4 in the dorm lottery and got the flooded room which is very big, "We got six outlets!" Sue and Lexi cheered.

Peter smiled and subconsciously started whispering, "We got six outlets. We got six outlets. We got six outlets." As he repeated the phrase, he pets his bear.

After a while he heard the elevator opening and smile, "Hi Dad!" he exclaimed turning around. Once he saw who was really in the elevator he dropped his bear and froze, tears threatening to spill over his eyes.

The man in front of the group with blonde hair and blue eyes had a look of confusion on his face, although Peter really couldn't tell.

"Who are you?" Steve asks.

Peter's eyes dart around the room, and he grabs his bear, squeezing it in fear. "Who are you? Who are you? Who are you?" He whispers to himself on repeat making the other Avengers even more confused. Well, besides Clint. he seems to already understand what is happening. Slowly he walks out from behind Steve and towards Peter.

Peter flinches, but Clint soothes him, "It's ok, bud, I won't hurt you."

"Who are you? Who are you?" He keeps whispering.

Clint bends his knees so his face is level to Peter's who is standing on the couch and looking over the back. He notices the teddy bear and smiles at the young kid. "My name is Clint Barton, I work with Tony," Clint says in a sweet voice.

"Y-You work with dad?" He says in a quiet voice that has fear laced in it.

"Yeah. Can you tell me your name?" Clint tries once again.

Peter looks at the people behind him and moves the bear so he is hugging it, "P-Peter." His voice is so quiet, Steve barely hears him from where he was standing. Clint was barely able to hear what he said but did.

"Hey, Peter," Clint says with a warm smile. "Do you know where your dad is?" Peter looks around and doesn't respond, a tear slips out of his eye and Clint looks at him with sympathy, not that Peter knows that.

The lights are still off from when Peter was watching TV, looking around Steve said, "Can you hit the lights?"

Peter looks over at him confused and then he hears more footsteps entering the room and jumps off of the couch and runs over to his dad. "Peter takes everything literary," he informs wrapping his arms around his son.

"Hey, kiddo," He whispers, Peter lets go of him but stays close to his side and Tony wraps an arm around his shoulder. "Your rooms are on the floor below this one, I assumed you could take back your old ones. Bucky and Sam, there are rooms for you at the end of the hall,"

...

On rouge's floor 3rd person

Once the Avengers arrived on their floor, Steve turned around to look at Clint. "W-What?" He stuttered in confusion.

"Peter has autism," He informs the rest of them that didn't notice.

"How do you know?" Bucky asks.

"Tony isn't a very clean person but the house was spotless. He probably needs everything to be in order. He also repeated phrases over and over, was attached to his bear, and didn't like talking to people he didn't know."

...

Three weeks later.

Over the next weeks, Peter slowly began warming up to the Avengers and the Avengers slowly began to learn more about Peter. To there surprise, Clint did really well with the kid... and so did Bucky.

Steve was trying though, he really was, because he loved Peter like he was his own son. Of those three weeks they also got closer with Tony and Pepper, every Friday night they would have a team dinner and watch a movie (of Peter's choice of course).

At this point, the small family can't even imagine what it was like without the rest of the Avengers there, and besides a small fight every now and then, would rather not find out what would happen if they left again.