When I Grow Up, Be on TV, People Know Me, Be On Magazines

Turns out, Mel was right. She usually is anyways, finally being myself in interviews and in the real world was totally worth it. Not only are people starting to see that I am more than what I look like, but other people who have publically expressed their dislike seem to have changing opinions. 

That night after the interview, Mom and Dad came up to me with smiles on their faces. Turns out they've known for a long time that I act like someone else and that the world thinks I am someone different than who I really am. They are both proud of me, they said the same thing Mel did. I'm 17 now, if I don't show who I really am it's only going to get worse and I am going to have to live under a fake facade for my entire life. 

I have another interview tonight, so do my mom and dad. We have two different ones actually, a group interview and solo interviews. I'm not looking forward to the solo ones, it is always so much better with someone by your side. It is a promotion interview for the upcoming Stark expo this weekend. The three of us will all be making various introductions and holding panels, as well as Bruce. The other Avengers will be there too but don't have any panels, they will just be taking pictures and signing auotgraphs. 

The biggest reason they are there is for protection if something goes wrong. The crashed Stark Expo in 2010 set my dad on edge when it came to these things. Ever since then the place has been swarming with security, under cover SHIELD agents, Happy and his team, along with local police officers and now the Avengers. This will be my first time having my own panel. My panel will be about Artificial Intelligence and also giving a demo on FRIDAY. The audience will have a chance to ask her questions. Dad and I created the 'Save the Secrets' protocol to make sure that nothing classified or personal is revealed. FRIDAY would never do that anyway, we just wanted to be sure. 

"You ready, Kid?" Dad says placing a hand on my shoulder, ushering me to the elevator. 

"Yeah. Can I go on patrol afterward?" 

Pepper walks into the elevator behind them, "After family dinner," She asserts but gives me a small kiss on my forehead. 

When we get to the press room I go in to see Melissa, Mom already got her hair and makeup done this morning for work so she just sits in the room with us on her iPad. Mel goes back and forth between dad and me. 

"How's it going, Pete?" She asks, already starting the process of putting concealer on my face. 

"Good," I respond. We make conversation until we are both done and then head over to the interview rooms that are on the same floor. Dad goes into the first door, Mom the second, and me the last. 

An older man with shoulder-length blonde hair is sitting in the chair with a notebook. His name is Martin Coon, he has interviewed me before and I'm not a huge fan of his style or questions. Hopefully, someone else is doing the other ones, "Hi Martin, nice to see you again," I say shaking his hand and taking my seat across from him. Luckily it is a short interview. 

"Hello, Peter. Thank you for doing this today!" He says with a large smile, "How about we jump right into it."

The cameras start rolling and he begins, "Hello everyone! I am Martin Coon here today with Peter Stark. This weekend will be the annual Stark Expo, today we are going to learn all about the exciting experience, "Recently, you informed us that you work alongside your dad on a lot of different projects. What is your favorite project to work on?"

Pleasantly surprised by the question I smile a little as I answer, "I often help my dad with updating and brainstorming new features for his suit and for the Avengers. They also give us their ideas every once and while too so that we ensure that they are as safe and protected as can be on the battlefield."