Paparazzi

Upcoming chapters:

Displaced Shelter (After the blip Bucky and Peter run into each other at a displaced persons shelter)

Requested chapter (Peter with Tourettes)

...

Peter is three years old!

...

It is a beautiful day in New York City, the temperature is in the high sixties meaning that the Avengers can walk around without getting too hot or too cold. The sun is out but there is a little bit of a breeze. The Avengers decided it would be a beautiful day to stroll around the city. Unfortunately, everyone else had the same idea. 

Tony and Pepper are trying hard to make sure Peter is exposed to and understands what life is like outside of Avengers Tower. They try to hide him from the paparazzi, and so far have, but are finding it increasingly harder. Peter wants to explore, go to the city, and his family wants to take him there too. So, on this beautiful day, The Avengers agreed upon taking Peter out to explore a little bit. 

...

On the way to a small cafe, Peter bounced back and forth between his parents, aunts, and uncles. Whenever he went by Bucky and Steve they each grabbed his hand and swung him forward and backward. Bucky even let the kid hang on his metal arm for a while. Natasha would pick him up and talk to him in Russian (he understood some basic words, she has been trying to teach him a few languages with Bucky's help). Clint let him stand on top of his feet while they walked and Thor swung him up on his shoulders. Bruce would hold his hand and listen to him ramble about his latest toys. 

It was a spectacle, that's for sure, but everyone was careful to wear baseball caps, sunglasses, or both, to hide from the rest of the world. It worked the whole way to the cafe. 

That is until a teen in the booth in front of them was doing an Instagram live (unbeknownst to the Avengers). People were able to hear them in the background and see past the disguises. Bucky noticed the first reporter immediately, he lurked outside the window of the cafe with a small camera. He pointed it out to the rest of the group. 

They debated calling happy but figure a fancy car limo picking them up would only draw more attention. 

By the time they finished their food a small crowd of reporters, fans, and haters were gathered around the outside of the shop.

Peter was positioned in between Thor and Steve, in hopes to keep the small kid concealed from the rest of the world. 

"Hey, Peter," Bucky says, "Do you want to play the silent game? If I talk first I'll let you cover my arms in magnets!" Peter nods aggressively and purses his lips together. 

As Peter gets out of the booth, the rest of the Avengers stand up and try to hide him. They also put his kid's meal at the bottom of a stack of plates to try and cover it up. Pepper holds her son in her arms and Tony directly in front of her. Pepper's hands hold Peters face into her shoulder. Even if they see Peter, she doesn't want him to see them. The rest of the Avengers make circle around Pepper and Tony to try and hide them. 

Steve and thor are in the front, Bucky and Clint on the sides and everyone else behind. As soon as the doors open, the crowd surrounds the group of heroes. They scream and shove things towards them. None of them react. 

However, Pepper can feel Peter's small body tensing up and gripping her shirt just a little harder.

"It's ok, shhh," she gently soothes in his ear. 

"Tony, do you have a child?"

"Who is that?"

"STEVE I LOVE YOU!"

"Stevie, you hear that they love you,"  Bucky can't help but say in a sarcastic voice. 

"MARRY ME NATASHA!" Someone else screams and Clint nudges her. 

"BOOOO! THE AVENGERS SUCK!" The haters scream. 

Peter's body is trembling and she quietly urges the others to move faster. 

"Momm, why don't they like us?" Peter whispers in confusion. 

The other Avengers hear the little boy and instantly feel their heartbreak. He shouldn't have to deal with any of this, he is just a kid. 

By now, everyone on the streets has joined the crowd, yelling and chanting. Peter is crying softly in his mom's arms and she is trying to assure him without saying his name or being too obvious. 

It's great to see that they made an impact on people's lives but they all wish they weren't famous sometimes. It would be nice to walk in streets where nobody knows their name or thinks of them differently. Unfortunately, that is not their life. 

Peter's cries calm down, but the paparazzi seem never-ending. They should've just called Happy, but there is no way he is getting through this mess. 

Peter leans back from Pepper's chest despite her trying to coax him back down to hide his face. She looks into his wide eyes and is about to open her mouth before 

"UNCLE BUCKY! YOU TALKED I WON THE SILENT CONTEST!" He screamed up to his uncle, Peper attempt to stop him, but there is no stopping the hyper kid now, "I wanna put my new din'saur ma'nents on your arm! OH or I could put Cap'ain America ma'nets on it." 

Bucky turns to face his nephew slightly, his face beat red, "Yeah buddy, when we get home you can put whatever magnets you want on my arm." 

Peter beams and leans back against his mom. 

That is the story about how people found out about Peter Stark. 

The news and social media went crazy for weeks. 

THE STARK'S HAVE A KID!

FORMERLY THE WINTER SOLDIER NOW UNCLE BUCKY!

PETER STARK, SON OF TONY AND PEPPER STARK!

Needless to say, the Avengers didn't leave the tower after that. They also had fun watching the video of Bucky's face when Peter started screaming about the silence contest.