"What do you think they have against him?" Alastair asked cautiously, and MJ's face darkened.

"Sonya Smith."

"May Jeanette, you have to speak to him before doing anything drastic." MJ glared at him. "Please, at least hear him out." He took her hand in his.

"Alastair, please..." She trailed off and pulled her hands out of his hold. Alastair took in a sharp breath and laid back against his chair.

"May Jeanette-"

"I don't want to talk about this, and I most definitely don't want to talk about Jorge." She said sternly. Alastair wanted to say something, but she beat him to it. "Please." She said quietly, her voice barely a whisper. "What I need right now is your support; I need to know how much I have left. " She said, her face void of any emotions.

"What do you need?" Alastair asked quietly.

"Come with me to the bank."

"Fine." Alastair said and stood up. "But just remember one thing; no matter how fast a dog runs, it can never outrun its tail." He kissed her on the head before he left to get his car.

She finished off her food and paid the bill, Alastair had invited her and dared to leave without paying the bill. She shook her head and headed to the bank, and found him waiting for her by the entrance of the busy bank.

Alastair did not know what MJ was really up to, she did not care how much money they had left; she wanted to look into Esperanza's case and find out if she cashed out the cheque she got from Jorge. She wanted to know where Esperanza cashed out, maybe it would lead her to the girl's father.

She walked into the bank and all eyes landed on her. She had decided to try something different, especially since she was basically on the run. She was wearing pale blue ripped off jeans, beige heels, a white T-shirt and a beige jacket that was left open; but even the casual did not seem to disguise the power she eluded.

She headed to the reception desk with Alastair walking right behind her, and asked to see the manager. The young woman made a call and looked at MJ. "He says he is busy." MJ's eyes darkened, and the receptionist squirmed under her gaze; she did not know what it was about this woman that made her feel so small.

"Do you know who I am?" MJ asked sternly, her voice sliding through the young woman's skin.

"I'm sorry, Mam, you will have to wait." The woman stammered. MJ narrowed her eyes at her, her jaw tightening.

Alastair sighed and stepped forward before this escalated. "Tell him that Miss MJ Billings wants to see him." The moment the words left his mouth, the receptionist's eyes widened as she looked at MJ in shock.

"Y-yes, M-miss Billings." She stuttered and picked up the phone with shaky hands. "S-sir, it's Miss Billings." She stammered, looking at MJ. "Yes, Sir." She said and hung up. "He's on his way, Mam." MJ nodded and waited, constantly looking at her watch.

A few minutes later, a man wearing a black suit came towards them. "Miss Billings." He held out his for MJ, but MJ did not even pay attention to his hand, she just looked at him coldly. The man withdrew his hand in shame, and turned to look at Alastair. "Mr Cooper." He nodded in acknowledgement, which Alastair returned with a small smile.

"I believe a huge amount of money was withdrawn from either my brother's or my account last month, I want to know if someone came here or–" MJ spoke, but the manager cut her off.

"Miss Billings, let's go to my office so that-"

"Do not talk when I'm talking." Her voice sliced throughout the entire bank, earning the manager quite some eyes.